• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Another one bites the dust

Ralph

VIP
I am Jeepless. Sold the ZJ today. It was time, but still kinda hard to say goodbye.

It was my college graduation present to myself in 2004. It went with me living in 3 different states, 4 different jobs, it carried my wife to our wedding, carried us home from our wedding, and it carried our first dog on her first and last car rides with us.

Godspeed, old friend.

No Sinatra. Sinatra sucks.

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
Maybe someday, if I live long enough, I'll be the only one here who owns a Jeep. Even if it doesn't run.
:jump:

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Drove my 2005 LJ for the first time in 2 months last Friday. While fun to drive with the top down on a suuny day I remembered why I retired it as a daily driver. Guess I'm getting old.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Drove my 2005 LJ for the first time in 2 months last Friday. While fun to drive with the top down on a sunny day I remembered why I retired it as a daily driver.
Yeah, I retired my 05 LJ as a DD in June of 2012. Since then I've modded it out and wheeled it. Unfortunately, though I like to say it's my weekend car, I haven't driven it in at least a month. :sad:

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
My oldest daughter has already laid claim to the LJ. I will probably buy another one when the time comes for her to have a jeep. I also would like an unmodified CJ-7 or 8.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Maybe someday, if I live long enough, I'll be the only one here who owns a Jeep. Even if it doesn't run.
:jump:
Doubt it. I should outlive you (unless I get liver cancer/cirrhosis) and I can't think of a reason to drag my two shit boxes out of the woods unless scrap prices go through the roof.

Ralph

VIP
Drove my 2005 LJ for the first time in 2 months last Friday. While fun to drive with the top down on a suuny day I remembered why I retired it as a daily driver. Guess I'm getting old.
Yeah, I retired my 05 LJ as a DD in June of 2012. Since then I've modded it out and wheeled it. Unfortunately, though I like to say it's my weekend car, I haven't driven it in at least a month. :sad:
Is this turning into a "Jeeps for Sale" thread? I don't mind jjj

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Is this turning into a "Jeeps for Sale" thread? I don't mind jjj
Not a chance, have no plans to sell mine. Have a pile of parts I need to get off my ass and install. Might move it to my son's house for the winter and have him work on it.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
3 of you fawkers on here with LJs you're barely using and not one of you is making me a deal! :(