• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Apparently Macbook Pro's only last 2.5 years

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Ignoring the problems, the MBP is the best total package out there in terms of screen, performance, battery life, and form factor. Nothing else really competes.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Just got the machine back. Apple gave me a "CS code" or something like that due to my continued problems getting the issue fixed. Local place couldn't reproduce the problem, so they sent it in to Apple. Apple replicated the issue and replaced a whole bunch of things. Audio board, Magsafe/power board, both fans, heat sink, and the top case including battery. They said that the power board and battery were causing my problems.

No charge..... computer is out of warranty for everything but the logic board, so that was really good of them. I fully expected to be charged when it wasn't related to the logic board.

Have it restoring from backup now. Might be done by the morning at this rate. Don't have my network adapter with me, so it's restoring over wifi.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Apparently they didn't fix the problem with it randomly powering off while surfing the web. Damn. Going to have to document it and call them back again.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Apple, clearly IMO, doesn't have superb quality.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
Apple, clearly IMO, doesn't have superb quality.
Meh, I think they tend to have higher than average quality but nobody is perfect.

What I don't understand is why they don't realize it would be cheaper to cut their losses and send you a completely new machine instead of throwing parts at your lemon several times.