• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

are you critical of other photographers?

Qckslvr [JU]

Archived
I don't consider my self professional, but this weekend I found my self critiquing my friends wedding photog. She was using a Canon body with an assortment of lenses. Had a spare 35mm film body ready to go with her assistant. She had a couple remote flashes on either side of the couple. During the ceremony though she was all over the place, not to mention the constant clicking, and flashes of P&Ses all over. I am sure the flashes from the P&Ses have to make it difficult. I do remember from my wedding the minister was strict about no flash photography, and the photog had to be very discrete during the ceremony. I am sure all chapels are different though.

Canons must be battery hungry, when I talked to her she said without her battery pack the camera would be lucky to make it to the reception. She even admitted if it wasn't for all her glass, she would have transitioned to the D3 :D

I felt bad for her assistant / pack mule, she had a lot of gear with her.

I'm rarely critical of gear...if the photog can make the equipment work magic then more power to them. If the couple that hired them were happy with the portfolio then so be it.