• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Arlington, DC, Bmore and surrounding area peeps....

eysdan [JU]

Archived
Please teach your locals how to drive in rain. Not even 30 minutes after the storm started down there, there were police, ambulances and fire trucks EVERYWHERE. The way I was going to head home was blocked before I could get through. Thankfully I asked one of the guys in my training how he got to 495 and went that way. It took me 4.5 hours to get home :naw: :rant:

That's about how long it normally takes for me to get home from Fredericksburg. But then I try to avoid the Beltway if possible. Hate that road with a passion.

It took me about 30 minutes to get home from work yesterday. The weather hit when I was around Lorton.

Dan, told you the people couldn't drive around here when it was raining or snowing or foggy or when the sun was bright or when the sun is going down. :wavin2:

Glad you got home ok.

It took me about 30 minutes to get home from work yesterday. The weather hit when I was around Lorton.

Dan, told you the people couldn't drive around here when it was raining or snowing or foggy or when the sun was bright or when the sun is going down. :wavin2:

Glad you got home ok.
we got dumped on but I think you guys got really hammered. any confirmation to the tornado in Falls Church?

eysdan [JU]

Archived

Glad you got home ok.
Thanks man. It was good to see you while down there. It was an adventure getting my truck out of the parking garage. I had the gate come down and bounce off the bed rail :jump:

eysdan [JU]

Archived
The 15 miles I drive down RT 7 I found 2 traffic lights that were working last night.
The lights were out for a bit near the hotel. We had a power blip at the training center and the one guy was getting email notifications that they lost power back at his office.

Natives know how to drive in our unique situation, just take the back roads to avoid the messes whenever possible. The problem is folks from all over the nation and the world converging here, and bringing their local driving idiosyncrasies with them, and then not knowing how to adapt to the styles of others.