• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Best Buy must be struggling

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Placed an order earlier this week for delivery Monday. Got the ship notification today with the wrong address (wrong state and everything). No clue where they got it, but it shows as the default address on my account now. Can't get any customer service at all. Have been trying since 4pm. Two callbacks were supposed to happen in under 2 hors the first time and under 90 minutes the second time. Still haven't heard anything. Also their web chat seems to always be broken as well. They must be absolutely struggling for CS to have fallen this far.

gcb

VIP
I called an urgent clinic yesterday to pay two minor medical bills. I had to call two numbers, one twice, and they were supposed to call me back “within two hours”. So far I haven’t heard from them. I hate when companies make it difficult to give them money.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
For a few days in March I was getting emails from Lowe's about some lady in CT's blinds. After the third one I called them and it still took them a couple of days to get it straightened out. Hope Jill in CT got her blinds.

If I had to guess I'd say it's a combination of a couple things. First, they may be short staffed with everything going on. Second, with so many people working from home they are probably getting hammered from increased business and WFH/home office related issues.

Reactions: SAD

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
They called me back at 8 mins after midnight. Phone was on DnD.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Just called again. Callback within "2 hours and 9 minutes".

Think this will be my last order with BB. They're sucking worse than Amazon lately.

I'm sure they are likely slammed with orders due to Coronavirus
This. Imagine all the non-techie and semi-sorta-techie types that now need a headset for the first time.... And all the ones that can't figure out how to use it or think it's broke because they didn't change the input/output sound settings.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Got a return call at 2:30pm, over 4 hours later. They're shipping me another. Looks like some guy in Indianapolis will be getting a free headset.

BlackDak

Banned
VIP
This. Imagine all the non-techie and semi-sorta-techie types that now need a headset for the first time.... And all the ones that can't figure out how to use it or think it's broke because they didn't change the input/output sound settings.
and all of the people buying laptops for kids are distance learning and all of the people upgrading TVs, game systems, home entertainment electronics.

Can't wait to see their earnings and home improvement stores.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium

Think this will be my last order with BB. They're sucking worse than Amazon lately.
I've had really good results with Amazon for the last couple of months.
Some of the small knicky-knack stuff takes longer by a few days, but any dry goods/food items have been showing up a day early for most orders.
I quit doing anything with BB a long time ago. I think the last major electronic purchase I made through a brick and mortar was a 65 inch plasma TV from Circuit City before they went tits up.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP

Amazon has been stinking it up lately. They better offer a discount on prime when it comes up for renewal.

John

Transplant
VIP
According to a friend of mine who works there, Best Buy is doing well and taking great care of their full time employees. Sorry Willy T doesn’t have any empathy or patience given the situation.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
According to a friend of mine who works there, Best Buy is doing well and taking great care of their full time employees. Sorry Willy T doesn’t have any empathy or patience given the situation.
What does empathy for workers have to do with recognizing that they're struggling to provide basic customer service? Like calling back within an hour of the 2 hour callback window quoted.

John

Transplant
VIP
Maybe they are forced to work from home and struggling to juggle work and home scholar the same time like most Americans. Zero empathy and first world problems.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Maybe they are forced to work from home and struggling to juggle work and home scholar the same time like most Americans. Zero empathy and first world problems.
Maybe. Still not sure how recognizing that the company is struggling with CS shows a lack of empathy for the staff working from home. Don't think they're mutually exclusive. :shrug: