• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Bike Crew - SR Suntour shocks

C5inAZ [JU]

Archived
6200. Learn me about them. My first impression is that they suck, as my 190lbs can easily get them to bottom on the street. They seem extremely soft. There appear to be no external adjustments. Anything I can do with these, or do I sense an upgrade in my future?

j96zj [JU]

Archived
SR Suntour 6200 is prolly the stock shock on the Specialized Hardrock

steely that you picked up (?)

X 3 .... Upgrade needed ! I don't think i would even bother overhauling an

inexpensive shock like that.

Classic steely hardtail = :thup2: .... But, before you spend any more $/time

on it, make sure frame is good (no small cracks) and bottom bracket

bearings are smooth.

If you've got a good :usflag:LBS, let them know what you need ....

sometimes they will hook you up with a used part before it gets listed on

CL or ebay.

Cheap/used/damaged steel Stumpjumpers are rare, but if you can find one

that's the same vintage as yer Hardrock, it could make a good parts bike.

Steel is real !

:beerchug:

C5inAZ [JU]

Archived
So, what I am hearing so far is that I should get :wifey: a bike with a solid front, then "upgrade" her with these and find myself a nice replacement? OK, got it.

Overall the bike is in great shape. It appears to have the stock tires on it still (unless someone went out of their way to find tires with the Hard Rock logo on them) and the tires still have the little nubs from manufacturing. I'd say that this bike has never seen anything except street, and has had very little of that. I can't even see any wear on the brake pads.