• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Brisket this weekend

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Smith's had choice on sale for $1.99/# so I picked one up.

Got me some fancy, expensive peach butcher paper, Kosher salt and cafe grind black pepper, and enough charcoal to cook this thing about 10 times.

Likely start it up late tomorrow night so we can eat Saturday.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Smith's had choice on sale for $1.99/# so I picked one up.

Got me some fancy, expensive peach butcher paper, Kosher salt and cafe grind black pepper, and enough charcoal to cook this thing about 10 times.

Likely start it up late tomorrow night so we can eat Saturday.
Pics or ban.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
I have a flat in the freezer that I'm trying to get the guts to smoke. I planned on using some butcher paper and a dry rub.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP

Been on a little over 4 hours so far, started spritzing with apple cider vinegar/water mixture an hour ago. Will continue hourly until I hit about 170ish, then wrap in butcher paper to finish.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP

And since the pics never show how moist it is

This was, by far, the best brisket I’ve ever smoked. About 11 hrs total on the smoker.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I thought 201°F to 203°F is where the fats melt. That’s what I bring my pork shoulder up to and the fat is always melted through. Wicked fukkin tendah, guy!

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I thought 201°F to 203°F is where the fats melt. That’s what I bring my pork shoulder up to and the fat is always melted through. Wicked fukkin tendah, guy!
I pulled it at 201...it wasn't climbing, sat there at 200-201 for an hour, so I was done

I'm not so sure the TEMP is the key as much as feel and time, though.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
What’s wrong with it? Usually built like tanks

Sent from my PalmPilot
its been hauled around a bit, so its a bit out of round and the lid is hard to get on, the feet are falling off, the door is bent, the water pan needs replaced. I love it though, for being 100% manual its hard hard to get it dialed in at 225 and it stays there.