• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Cheap Generator...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Well like the Amazon reviews stated this generator doesn't put out 2000 Watts as advertised, I'd estimate it's 1000 Watts- still was decent enough. It was enough to run the air mattress of my bed but not powerful enough to raise the bed- I had to plug into the battery backup to do that.

Hubjeep

:hub: :hub2:
Ultra-Premium
Glad to hear it worked out for you, and I am surprised to read such good reviews for a Chinese made piece of equipment.

Qckslvr

succomb to the madness
Staff member
VIP
I have the Honda EU1000 and it has been the best generator I have ever had. Quiet, and efficient. They can be had for much cheaper than MSRP.

Hubjeep

:hub: :hub2:
Ultra-Premium
Joe - what 8K genny you get? Do you have a hookup on the house?

Qckslvr - what do you use the 1K watt one for? Those do kick major azz, quiet as hell and smooth.

Qckslvr

succomb to the madness
Staff member
VIP
Joe - what 8K genny you get? Do you have a hookup on the house?

Qckslvr - what do you use the 1K watt one for? Those do kick major azz, quiet as hell and smooth.
I used it a lot when I used to race RC cars semi pro. It powered my chargers, tire truer, soldering iron, etc. I have used it to power a Milwaukee hammer drill when I bolted a motorcycle anchor to a car port. I have also used it to power my 110 mig welder, set to the lowest setting of course. I would take it camping, which was nice. While all the other gens are being obnoxious I knew mine was quiet as a mouse. Had to use it jump start the Bronco once. I have had it since the mid 90s. It always starts on the first pull, and never gives me trouble.

I was the VP of the local RC car track. We ran 2 4,000 watt Honda generators at the track. They powered the PA system, concession stand, and provided power to all the race participants. It was the best way of keeping individuals from bringing there noisy PoSes and disrupting drivers, or causing radio interference.

Last edited: