• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Chuck Roast

Neil

Better than Matt
VIP
The other trick is to vacuum seal red meat that has been cooked, lets say medium rare, freeze it. You can heat it up to 130 in a sous vide unit and it turns out like you just cooked it and won’t go beyond medium rare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
do it all the time

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Had chuck roast a lot as a kid. Mom would do 'em slow in the crock pot.
I use the top round for the sliced roast beef. (you've all seen pics)

Neil

Better than Matt
VIP
It’s legit as you know. Cool that you do this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Many of my friends have never heard of it. I think it may be the best way to cook beef, chicken, pork and fish. I think it was the French that invented it? I use the Anova Precision stick.

I hadn't thought to sous vide a cheap cut and then smoke- need to add that to the list. Got a Searzall for Christmas and like it way better for searing that just a hot grill.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I hadn't thought to sous vide a cheap cut and then smoke- need to add that to the list. Got a Searzall for Christmas and like it way better for searing that just a hot grill.
Bought my son one, not exactly the same but concept is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
i did a chick a few months ago on the rectec, cooked it to 200 like a brisket, was pretty good.