• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Do you know anyone that drives like this...

kjk [JU]

Archived
On the gas, off the gas, on the gas, off the gas, on the gas, off the gas, on the gas, off the gas, on the gas, off the gas...Crap! Try a steady foot for crying out loud. :slapz:

Teh fat chik I'm bangin drives like that. WTF? Drives up to a stop sign @ 65 mph, slams on the brakes then after the sign it's wot again.

I won't ride w/her no more.

Coworker does that. I rode with him once. Cycled 10mph continuously up and down up and down on windy backroads as he chatted away. Must be some type of mental disorder. I haven't let him drive since.

skeptic [JU]

Archived
Back in highschool I had a friend that did just the opposite. He drove 45 everywhere he went. Didn't matter if it was a 20mph school zone or out on the highway. Annoying as hell. :rant:

kjk said:
On the gas, off the gas, on the gas, off the gas, on the gas, off the gas, on the gas, off the gas, on the gas, off the gas...Crap! Try a steady foot for crying out loud. :slapz:
Sorry dude. I was just passing thru and saw that POS you call a vehicle and couldn't help enraging you. Appears it worked. Thanks for the laughs.

/ :wavzing:

Simba [JU]

Archived
My mom does that. I think about puking whenever I ride with her. She constantly goes through trannies and it's all because "nobody knows how to make a damn transmission."

Hubjeep [JU]

Archived
kjk said:
The father of a friend of mine did that all the time, I didn't want to say anything fearing it was a medical condition or something.

:coool:

I know a lot of people that do that, some worse than others. Most of the people I ride with don't get the concept of coasting. They think they either need to be on the gas or the brake at all times. Smoothness is not a virture of most drivers.

Before I got my license I caught a ride home with a friend's dad who had a late-90's XJ. He was sitting with his chin in his right hand, elbow on the center console, looking out the passenger side window. The whole ride cycled for 2 second intervals between 4000 RPM and idle. VROOOOOOOOOOM coastcoastcoastcoast VROOOOOOOOOOOOOM coastcoastcoastcoastcoast VROOOOOOOOOM coastcoastcoastcoastcoast (repeat 9,000x).

The worst was my father's father and his sister. They learned to drive back when cars had about a yard of slack in the steering and a 3 second delay between gas pedal movement and vehicle acceleration. Not only did they do the GASbrakeGASbrakeGAS so hard that the car was in constant bucking motion, they continually wiggled the steering wheel back and forth. Two-foot drivers both of 'em.

leftrightleftrightleftrightleftright
> simultaneous
GASbrakeGASbrakeGASbrake

My mother refused to ride with either of them. On top of all that, they only drove windy back mountain roads no matter where they went. :barf: :barf:

-Bob

I had an uncle that drove that way. He never used the brake unless he was stopping but he drove like he thought that the gas pedal was a pump. Fortunately I never had to go any great distance with him; it would have driven me nuts.

skeptic [JU]

Archived
********** said:
Actually it's very logical, I'm a binary type of guy... It's either speed up or slow down... not this analog crap.
You need to put down the remote and get out more.

Seriously.

Maybe get laid or something?

toadies [JU]

Archived
I only notice it when people drive standard transmission. THey tend to think they need to keep the RPM up high. So when the let off the gas and press the gas on higher RPM it gets very sicking.