• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Dual sinks

In the master bathroom. Dealbreaker for you if the house doesn't have them? It amuses me on the tv shows the people that consider dual sinks a deal breaker. I don't recall a single time when wifey and I ever needed the bathroom sink simultaneously.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Two sinks in ours just means that I get one for about 3 minutes a day and Diane gets two the rest of the goddamn time :pirate:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Not that I have a wife, but I couldn't imagine it ever being a deal breaker.

But a small master bath, regardless of the sink situation, might well be.

Ardvark

my wife still wants 2 sinks in ours

i dont use a sink though
i think counter space is more important

Reactions: SAD

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
90% of the time, the :wifey: uses my sink because her electric hair tools are in her sink.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
Not a deal breaker, but a nice convenience. That said, I doubt we looked at a single house that didn't have dual vanities or at least dual sinks.

Not that I have a wife, but I couldn't imagine it ever being a deal breaker.

But a small master bath, regardless of the sink situation, might well be.
Our master bathroom is quite small, and is one of the things I dislike most about our house. I use our other bathroom more often.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Our dual sinks have more than ten feet of counter between them. So I get the opposite side of my sink. Much better than single sink at the last house.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Yes, deal breaker. Although I have my own bathroom, it's still a deal breaker. I don't want to live in a small, shitty house.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Deal breaker if the master bath isn't large enough to PUT two sinks in. Women are vile creatures. Keep her shit off my side of the vanity, and keep her makeup and hair out of my sink.

Deal breaker if the master bath isn't large enough to PUT two sinks in. Women are vile creatures. Keep her shit off my side of the vanity, and keep her makeup and hair out of my sink.
I don't like stuff on the sinks. Wifey keeps everything stored elsewhere. In my parents build, my mom has her own small "closet" that is here makeup/hair stuff room, it is accessed through the walk-in closet.

Have two, one regular height, one adult height. I was the sole user for taller one until x-:wifey: was too pregnant to bend over to lower one and then we shared for quite a few years without issue. Now I have massive counter space to myself.

redshirt25

Overt Lurker
VIP
Deal breaker, especially with working spouses. One of the things that :wifey: and I specifically looked for in current house plus there was an alcove where i put in a vanity for her and all of her crap which keeps the clutter down near my space.

Ardvark

right now i have my own bathroom
i sure am going to miss that when we move to new part
cant remember the last time i used the sink in there

Nadeaux

2 sinks is a must, even with 2, her shit and :wifey: still end up in my little corner of the vanity.

We have two separate sinks, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. As long as it's not a tiny little bathroom it would be ok. As it is, the wife has her stuff split between the master bath and the the downstairs bathroom. On the other hand, we have an open floorplan which includes an archway between the bedroom and master bath - no door (separate toilet room with a door). Looks nice and gives the area a nice feel, but makes it impossible for someone to get ready for work while the other is still sleeping. Hence the reason the wife has half her stuff (lots of duplicate items) in the downstairs bathroom. For my next house a lack of door between bedroom and bath would be a deal breaker.

Before you suggest it, we have considered putting a door in but given the layout it would pretty much have to be a pocket door. Not willing to deal with putting in a pocket door right now.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
My master bathroom has nine sinks, two of which are in sinks.