• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

filtering words with images

at AMB :dog****: displays as somebody plowing a dog from behind.

at facebook, :poop: displays as a turd pile with eyes.

i think it would be a lot of fun to have the filtered words here display as images.
as it is, it's a bit tedious to have to type f u c k or some other filtered word with spaces to defeat the filter or to go back and edit it, replacing it with a synonym that won't get filtered.

How about you don't use the bad words to begin with?
when i'm composing something to post, i always use language appropriate to the intended audience.

when i'm fending off 10 sado-masochistic psychopaths at a time, it's a bit of a hassle to filter my own stream of rage.

i think it would be fun to be able to cut loose and see a bunch of funny smileys there when i'm done instead of a bunch of starred words i have to go back and edit.

meh. boring. my eyes are already shot and i've got the brightness on the screen set way low just for you chuckle****s and smiley ****ery.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Truth be told it is not particularly easy or smart in vBulletin to do replacements of whole or partial words beyond the built in censor which only changes words to ****. The easy way isn't smart and the smart way uses too many resources in my opinion.

On the other hand the forum software on juot.net/xen does allow for custom replacements but I never tried with an image before.

theBucketeer

Your superior
when i'm composing something to post, i always use language appropriate to the intended audience.

when i'm fending off 10 sado-masochistic psychopaths at a time, it's a bit of a hassle to filter my own stream of rage.

i think it would be fun to be able to cut loose and see a bunch of funny smileys there when i'm done instead of a bunch of starred words i have to go back and edit.
Maybe you should get some help instead of raging at the intertubes.