• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Ford Braptor

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I was lead astray from some garbage motors fanboy to the Ramjet. It has run right ever since I installed MPFI-4, GM's ******rigged fuel injection system hack.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
The mom jeans was on SNL yesterday. I had ghey boot cuts in 2004 which you seem to be obsessed with eleven years later bro.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
They sold the engine with MPFI-3 which was open loop. MPFI-4 is closed loop and addressed the emissions issue. The ECU is rudimentary though, which causes quirks with respect to drivability. Currently, there's a company in AZ that retunes them. They have no guarantee and I've heard mixed reviews. I've got it tuned and running well. It passes emissions without an issue.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
IDK, a guy I know had north of 600hp out of 400 SBC for $1,600 and that included the cost of the block. It's installed in a Chris Craft in Mattapoisett. The cost of reinforcing the boat far exceeded the motor.

It's not expensive to modify any GM motor. That's why it's done extensively. Obviously. I'm not sure why it's so impressive. It's been SOP for sixty ****ing years.
We could be talking about lunar landings and you would tell us you know a guy who did it before Neil Armstrong. :rotflmao:

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
We could be talking about lunar landings and you would tell us you know a guy who did it before Neil Armstrong. :rotflmao:
It's my uncles fishing boat partner, Red. I don't know his full name as I've called him Red since I was five. I helped design the motor mounting system for the install my senior year in college. Cool project actually.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Actually, John solely convinced me to put a 4.8L in my Jeep. I'm buying one next Friday.
I think that would be a good Jeep engine if your usage was more of sand or mud where you need RPM. Owning a 4.8, I can tell you that it really likes to rev and you have to spin it to make power. 5.3/6.0 would be better if you are a crawler or trail guy.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I think that would be a good Jeep engine if your usage was more of sand or mud where you need RPM. Owning a 4.8, I can tell you that it really likes to rev and you have to spin it to make power. 5.3/6.0 would be better if you are a crawler or trail guy.
I've inquired about an LT or LS from my mechanic buddy down the street. He's doing three motors this week and I'll stop by Saturday to see if anything looks promising.