• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Front loading washer door gasket

Ardvark

Vinegar
Spray it on seal
Run half gallon through cycle

Prepare to run it serval times to rinse out smell

it is a gray colored goob that builds up around the gasket. you can pull the gasket back to some degree and see it, but you can't pull the gasket far enough away to properly clean it.

BlackDak

Banned
VIP
My washer broke last week. Kenmore top loading wouldn't spin or agitate.

$15 bucks for a direct drive coupler, 30 minutes later she's good as new.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
it is a gray colored goob that builds up around the gasket. you can pull the gasket back to some degree and see it, but you can't pull the gasket far enough away to properly clean it.
Sounds like the crap that builds in my bathroom sink trap. Nasty shit it is.

Sounds like the crap that builds in my bathroom sink trap. Nasty shit it is.
yes very similar. Had to clean the :wifeys: sink drain this weekend. fawking gross.

She tells me it is my fault for wanting her to have long hair. I replied that it is her fault for letting all the loose shit from her brush go down the drain.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
yes very similar. Had to clean the :wifeys: sink drain this weekend. fawking gross.

She tells me it is my fault for wanting her to have long hair. I replied that it is her fault for letting all the loose shit from her brush go down the drain.
Yeah, I think it's from their makeup in the sink. The reason I think that is because the wife has two sinks in her bathroom. She does the face at one and the hair at the other. Only the face one gets gunked up. The other one clearly has hair and stuff occasionally, but only the makeup one has the dark brown sludge.

It's funny how chicks will think things like having your dick in their mouth or butt is gross, but you having to clean the residue of their beauty out of the bowels of the house is just part of your job :pirate:

pejeeper

Ninjas need not apply
VIP
Search out my slow flushing toilet thread. A little greasy goob is nothing compared to the SHIT I had to scoop out.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP

No makeup here... This is a monastery you know. And no hair either.

I think it's something in the water. Or toothpaste maybe. :shrug:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
No makeup here... This is a monastery you know. And no hair either.

I think it's something in the water. Or toothpaste maybe. :shrug:
Could be toothpaste or soap - she uses that sink for washing her hands (Bath and Body Works scented shits) and brushing her teeth. We use the same toothpaste and mine doesn't get it, so I'd say hand soap. Which I guess makes sense -- it seems reasonable that a liquid hand soap may have the same kind of stuff in it as a liquid dish soap to make the bubbles, or keep it liquid, or make it creamy or xxxx.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Dunno. My water isn't of high quality. Damn near undrinkable. Well, I think it is undrinkable personally. I don't drink it or use it in cooking.