• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Futurama: Beast with a Billion Backs (DVD)

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP

Wow... what a let down... Don't get me wrong, this DVD will have its laughs, it averages out to 4 decent episodes of Futurama, but following "Bender's Big Score" at the end of 2007 this doesn't hold a candle to it... Bender's Big Score was... well... Big... it felt like it was a movie- so many characters, such strong story development, plot, connections with previous episodes- it felt like you were watching something really special. This 'movie' is more like watching a long version of any regular episode.

First while it claims to pick up were Bender's Big Score left off, there is virtually no connection to it- in fact the events of BBS never come up in this movie in anyway whatsoever aside from there being a 'hole' in the universe.

Without giving away too much this episode finds Fry looking for love, Bender trying to kill all humans (while secretly loving them) and the rest of the familiar crew working on some way of fixing the hole in space. There's no Nibbler, there's no wreckage of solid gold Death Stars, there's no Kwana Bot... in fact there's just a handful of cameos of past characters, none of which add much to the script, unlike they did in the previous movie.

All in all this is decent- if you're a Futurama fan what other choice do you have, you know you're going to watch it- heck my order has been in at Amazon.com for months just to make sure I don't miss it (I didn't expect to have the chance to see it early) and I'm still going to buy it to help pave the way for future releases and a possible return to TV- but it's not the masterpiece that was Bender's Big Score... Overall I give this a 6 / 10. If you have friends, watch one of their DVD's.... or wait for it to come on Comedy Central.

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
If anything it's far more adult oriented then the Simpsons ever were... I remember watching the Simpsons as a kid and it was funny then, if I was a kid watching Futurama I'd be like :puzzled:

mtndew808

I love Futurama more than pretty much any other show on TV. I will watch this one although I was slightly disappointed with Bender's Big Score. I think my expectations were too high.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Official release tomorrow...

Bender's Big Score was an easy :5stars: in fact it could be :5stars::5stars:

Best with a Billion Backs is :3stars: at best.