• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Has anyone mentioned Verizons attempts to kill the internet?

neevo

Limey Hippo
LOL @ Brit "rights".

Yeah..... our amendments grew out of experience with your rights. We can't be jailed for unpopular opinions thanks to the 1st.

Oh, and the Bill of Rights really is less about granting rights to individuals or their incorporated selves and more about restricting the government.
:beerchug: Thanks

Internet businesses don't get a free ride. They pay their provider on their end, users pay a provider on the other end. In many cases I'm sure the packets hit 1 or more other provider's equipment on the way. I'm quite sure the big ISPs have deals worked out with each other. Using the example of me watching youtube videos on Verizon on my phone.. Youtube is NOT getting a free ride on Verizon's pipes - I am paying Verizon, as are thousands/millions of others for this ability. Youtube may not be paying them directly, and I'm not paying specifically for youtube access, but Verizon is getting paid directly from me for blanket access which includes youtube or anything else.

neevo

Limey Hippo
Internet businesses don't get a free ride. They pay their provider on their end, users pay a provider on the other end. In many cases I'm sure the packets hit 1 or more other provider's equipment on the way. I'm quite sure the big ISPs have deals worked out with each other. Using the example of me watching youtube videos on Verizon on my phone.. Youtube is NOT getting a free ride on Verizon's pipes - I am paying Verizon, as are thousands/millions of others for this ability. Youtube may not be paying them directly, and I'm not paying specifically for youtube access, but Verizon is getting paid directly from me for blanket access which includes youtube or anything else.
Imagine if Verizon blocked YT,a Google company iirc. Google could retaliate by blocking all Verizon customers for just one day and the fallout for V would be so immense they would have to stop that policy immediately

Imagine if Verizon blocked YT,a Google company iirc. Google could retaliate by blocking all Verizon customers for just one day and the fallout for V would be so immense they would have to stop that policy immediately
That's a fight I would not want to be in the middle of.

All a bunch of greedy fawkers. If they were hurting and considering bankruptcy then maybe I could understand their attitude, but as it is all this can do is piss off their customers.