• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

House Design

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
God that per sq ft price is low compared to here.
We paid under $65/sq-ft for the Compound. Granted, it was a foreclosure and needed (still needs) a lot of work. At 4500sq-ft, if we got close to $90/sq-ft, we'd be doing very well.

One thing is for sure.... while I'd like to go forward building the new place like money isn't an object, I want to make sure our next residence is more financially viable for the long term. This current place isn't anywhere close to where I'm comfortable being involved for the long term. Too expensive to heat/cool. Too expensive to service the debt. Too expensive to fix up.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
You ignored most of our ideas. :(
Which ones?

Good deal to fix and flip?
Pretty much. Our offer on the Compound was what I thought was going to be a lowball and didn't expect to have it accepted in the first place. My cost estimates were pretty close renovation wise, but my level of effort and time estimates were way low. Never intended to stay long-term, just fix while we live here and flip in 2-5 years. While we can "afford" it today, it's not something I'm comfortable "affording" for the long term.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
You plant trees in front of that glass block?
No. My landscaper really flaked out on me and I basically fired him. Going to get someone new sooner than later as my mower is broken again. Would like to have a professional do some work before we list and maintain it until it's sold. Anything will help when it comes to curb appeal.

Emailed my agent regarding time to sell and recently sold comps. She's ballparking $100/sq-ft for the above ground portions and $40/sq-ft for below ground plus about $60k for the lot and maybe more for the pool and garage. She's thinking $460k. I think that's optimistic, but we'll see how it looks next spring after we do the kitchen.