• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

How does Ford get away with

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Same way Nissan can get away with claiming they invented shit that has been in other cars for a few years. Nobody gives a **** enough to challenge it, and the lawyers are clever enough to word shit in such a way that it isn't technically a lie anyway.

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
For February 2013, Ford is the top selling brand in the US followed by Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Nissan.

Corporation sales: GM, Ford, Toyota, Chrysler, Honda.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Some of them use the registration data from the state, at least in the "longest lasting" ads.

The dealerships that put a big "#1" in front of their dealership names in ads and on car badges kind of annoy me.

John

Transplant
VIP
True, I was thinking world sales. Either way, they aren't #1 in the US. I want to see that commercial again and read the fine print. I'm curious as to their spin on it.