• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

How to watch the Republican Convention

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Scott Baio - "Let's Make America, America Again."

On of the more subdued speeches of the night.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Certainly one of the more powerful of the night, and the longest. Marines giving detailed Benghazi mission details-

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Antonio Sabato - short speech speaking about his own legal immigration to the USA, challenging that securing a nation's border is the right thing to do, not a bad thing.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Jason Beardsley, Former special forces. A shame it seems the audience microphones were turned way down making it seem no one is cheering compared to the other speeches, but you can see at the end they are as riled up as with any other.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Darryl Glenn Republican Candidate for Senate in Colorado... Often asked "Why is he a Republican?" Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton don't speak for him!

and

ALL LIVES MATTER!

"No one want bad cops off the street more than good cops..."

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
Was Melania Trump's speech plagiarized from Michelle Obama?

Was Melania Trumps speech plagiarized from Michelle Obama?

Even the part people are yapping about is not word for word. It's thematic if anything.
Melania Trump Speech Mirrors Section From Michelle Obamas In 2008 NPR

I would call that plagiarization. You'd be sent to the principal's office if you did that in high school.

I'd say it's more weird than anything. Didn't occur to her or her speechwriter that lifting phrases from her hates predecessor's speech is a terrible idea?

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
http://www.npr.org/2016/07/19/486560186/section-of-melania-trumps-monday-speech-closely-imitates-michelle-obama-in-2008

I would call that plagiarization. You'd be sent to the principal's office if you did that in high school.

I'd say it's more weird than anything. Didn't occur to her or her speechwriter that lifting phrases from her hates predecessor's speech is a terrible idea?
Maybe so, you're smarter than most on here :beerchug:

But really, I've never cared two shits about a candidates spouse or what they had to say.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Sabato was pretty laid back in his speech compared to this interview right after where he says he believes Obama to be a muslim-

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I expect the Dems to roll out the second-rate celebrities, not the Repukes.

I had to work and missed most of the speeches but saw most of Giuliani's. Damn he looks old all of a sudden.