• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I'm going to punch a ~15"x23" hole in my wall

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Installing a new doggie door that will go through the wall instead of the sliding glass door insert kind I've had for about 14 years.

Hoping this will save me some utility monies in the long run.

And I'm hoping I don't **** up my walls :ohsnap:

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
15" wide means you're going to have to notch into studs... Rounded up, I get it. Got a model # on that door?

Last edited:

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
yes but are you sure doggie will never get bigger than that?

I have a cat that could barely clear it. :shush:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Damn

Pretty sure I will need to cut a stud.

The flap opening is 15", but the frame around it is more and needs to connect through to the outside piece with 8 screws.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
There will be no discussion of my shitty baseboard in the corner...that's what happens when Dad wants to help :owned:

Ardvark

Go the whole way to the corner and treat it like a window. Headers and king studs

This project makes bop let's remove the ceiling project look sensible

Last edited:

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Friends of ours had a dog door under the kitchen window. Was really a door, with a knob and lock, maybe 24" x 15"? and with a covered ramp into the backyard. Looked like a doghouse attached to the back wall, shingled roof and sided to match the house.