• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

IT Certs....what you have?

HappyJeep

A+
MCP for Win98 & NT 4.0 -- got 2/3 done with MCSE in 1998 then they announced they were killing NT 4.0 & the upgrade path to 2K was a PITA so I said fawkit.

eysdan

WTF?
VIP
Fortunately when I upgraded from my NT 4.0 MCSE, they counted my tcp/ip and IIS 4.0 tests towards W2K MCSE. For my NT 4.0 MCSE, I took all six tests, for my W2K, I took four exams and for my 2003 MCSE, I took two :D

HappyJeep

Fortunately when I upgraded from my NT 4.0 MCSE, they counted my tcp/ip and IIS 4.0 tests towards W2K MCSE. For my NT 4.0 MCSE, I took all six tests, for my W2K, I took four exams and for my 2003 MCSE, I took two :D
Yeah, it just so happened with the 4 exams I had passed, I was going to have to take at least that many more, and I wasn't sure I was switching careers so I decided to throw in the towel. Fortunately all I had done to prep was get books out of the library so it wasn't like I threw away the cost of a boot camp or something.

Frank Grimes

MarkR is obsessed with me
Ultra-Premium
Every person I have ever worked with that went through bootcamps turned out to be a complete moron.

eysdan

WTF?
VIP
Every person I have ever worked with that went through bootcamps turned out to be a complete moron.
Paper certified. It used to mean something, but not as much anymore, especially with MS. Cisco still has a good reputation with their certs.

Frank Grimes

MarkR is obsessed with me
Ultra-Premium
Paper certified. It used to mean something, but not as much anymore, especially with MS. Cisco still has a good reputation with their certs.
Even back when it meant something they were still pumping out morons from the paper factory. We had a guy get promoted from helpdesk manager to net admin after he finally made it through his 3rd company-paid bootcamp. His first act of brilliance was to log in to the servers with his own user account after making his account a domain admin. He passed on a virus that was in his roaming profile that infected 30 servers. And yes, he had created an exception in the virus scanner for this particular application because it was his favorite game. All of this at a nuke plant where we were supposed to have better security and fail safes than the rest of the company's generation sites. :clapping:

RhodeIslandRed

The man, myth and legend©
old school MCSE on WinNT. Have thought about getting some programming certs but.... don't really have the time or the energy.

HappyJeep

Even back when it meant something they were still pumping out morons from the paper factory. We had a guy get promoted from helpdesk manager to net admin after he finally made it through his 3rd company-paid bootcamp. His first act of brilliance was to log in to the servers with his own user account after making his account a domain admin. He passed on a virus that was in his roaming profile that infected 30 servers. And yes, he had created an exception in the virus scanner for this particular application because it was his favorite game. All of this at a nuke plant where we were supposed to have better security and fail safes than the rest of the company's generation sites. :clapping:

:jump: Peepuls iz stewpid. :agree:

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
do they say how shitty their C700 series of printers are in the class?
Few color printers are worse. :jump: C710, C720 are loathsome creatures as is the SC175. C750 is better, but only because the others are worse. :jump: Working on an IBM branded C750 tomorrow to replace the engine board. Again.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I expected you to have a HP ASE since you seem to do so much with printers.
Never gotten around to it. We don't do much for new stuff on my contract so it hasn't been needed. Now if we manage to become the provider for all warranty work by the customer... then I'll be humping my ass to pull in HP, Dell, IBM etc.

Got to get off my ass and take the Server+ test. That's required for IBM server cert.