• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Jeep Cherokee explodes into flames after getting struck by Metro-North train...

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
From what I heard on the radio, The woman was on the tracks when the crossing bars came down. She got out of the vehicle to see what the bars had done to her car, got back in, and shortly thereafter was struck by the train.

If I am stopped on train tracks and the bars start coming down, I am going to do whatever it takes to get the vehicle off the tracks.
Who in the fawk is stupid enough to stop ON the tracks to begin with? Well besides the idiot lady who just got bbq'd and GG?

pejeeper

Ninjas need not apply
VIP
There was a big accident that shut down the Taconic Pkwy, a major commuter road from dutchess/putnam/westchester counties and they detoured through the roads around the train station. There is an intersection by the crossing that was backed up due to the increased traffic. She stopped on the tracks (not a good move) and got stuck when the gates came down, it hit her back hatch She got out to try to move the gate, but got back in to try to move forward off the gate, presumably out of the way of the train, obviously she didn't in time.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
There was a big accident that shut down the Taconic Pkwy, a major commuter road from dutchess/putnam/westchester counties and they detoured through the roads around the train station. There is an intersection by the crossing that was backed up due to the increased traffic. She stopped on the tracks (not a good move) and got stuck when the gates came down, it hit her back hatch She got out to try to move the gate, but got back in to try to move forward off the gate, presumably out of the way of the train, obviously she didn't in time.
I wonder if her estate is going to be sued- I'm sure she would have been had she not died. She's married so I wonder if they can go after her husband...

neelandan

Owner of dot net
Looks like the real issue was not the Benz/jeep thing, but the electrified third rail somehow getting buckled and going into the passenger compartment of the train.