• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Join in with your favorite JUOT moments...

WCT097 [JU]

Archived
Drunken night time covert-op pix of Sample's house followed by the john deere green spraypainted word "SAMPLE" across the front, and the ensuing shenanigains.

jeeppimp, the original JU troll.

Collin

Xtremegod - ROFL

Splitting of the TJ forum for TJ's and Rubicons. :rotflmao:

Jeanie & DaJudge.

I find it amusing how people can get so 100% into Jeeps, and then be gone... all in a relative few number of years.

WCT097 said:
I find it amusing how people can get so 100% into Jeeps, and then be gone... all in a relative few number of years.

Takes them a short while to realize how lame they are. Jeeps are like a puppy, a friend gets one and you think, awwww how cute, I got to get me one of those. Then you buy one and it starts out fine, then quickly starts pissing on your floor and costing money.

WCT097 [JU]

Archived
whatever said:
Takes them a short while to realize how lame they are. Jeeps are like a puppy, a friend gets one and you think, awwww how cute, I got to get me one of those. Then you buy one and it starts out fine, then quickly starts pissing on your floor and costing money.
This is true.... but that's why people get tired of Jeeps. I just can't imagine being a hardcore Jeep lover within days of buying one.... going to all the M&Gs, modding excessively, going to all the Jamborees, being a die-hard Jeep fan.... then just dropping it. It's like a fad or something.

WCT097 said:
This is true.... but that's why people get tired of Jeeps. I just can't imagine being a hardcore Jeep lover within days of buying one.... going to all the M&Gs, modding excessively, going to all the Jamborees, being a die-hard Jeep fan.... then just dropping it. It's like a fad or something.

It's like anything else, you have your lifelong enthusiasts and then you have your quickies. The other group I have seen similar traits in, is Harley owners. Some will buy them ride for the rest of their life. Others, they buy all the clothes, cover their bike in catalog crap and ride the hell out of it the first year, only to never really ride the thing again.

WCT097 said:

I did that and then ultimately realized that I wasn't a die-hard Jeep fan. I was a die-hard off topic fan. Justin helped me realize that I didn't need a Jeep for that. :jump:

Joel [JU]

Archived
WCT097 said:
Technically not a JU moment though...... I think that was one of the 'other' boards.
Yeah, it was a link from a Ford Explorer forum. Still funny though!

OT has changed just a bit from the days of Jeanie, Da Judge, Cutch and others.

WCT097 [JU]

Archived
whatever said:
It's like anything else, you have your lifelong enthusiasts and then you have your quickies. The other group I have seen similar traits in, is Harley owners. Some will buy them ride for the rest of their life. Others, they buy all the clothes, cover their bike in catalog crap and ride the hell out of it the first year, only to never really ride the thing again.
Exactly..... I guess we could deem them faux-enthusiasts. Seems that just about any motorsport has them now that I think about it. Lots of people apparently have a very short attention span.

WCT097 said:
Exactly..... I guess we could deem them faux-enthusiasts. Seems that just about any motorsport has them now that I think about it. Lots of people apparently have a very short attention span.
I didn't realize you had to sign a lifetime contract to be interested in a sport/hobby/activity.

WCT097 [JU]

Archived
Big Red said:
I didn't realize you had to sign a lifetime contract to be interested in a sport/hobby/activity.
You don't. It's just amusing when people imerse themselves into it 100% as if it's their lifetime hobby, then just drop it one day. Nothing wrong with that. My dad used to be into Corvettes. Did shows, has tons of trophys and memorabilia, then sold his '59 back in the mid 90's and got into Mustangs.