• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Laptop & SSD

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
dunno why the link/referral thing is acting up on that amazon link

Ignoring the specific brands, why buy the SSD to go with it? Looks like it already comes with 20G SSD for the OS/app installs and 500G for data.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
20gb SSD is a hassle to reconfigure when you blow away Windows 7 Home and install Windows 7 Pro. Too small to be useful otherwise, not worth even acknowledging when you reconfigure the machine.

Crucial SSDs have treated me well. I installed 11 of them in PCs when we replaced our workstations at the office. Zero problems. Have one in my home PC as well.

Mac is not a viable option for her needs. Used is not an option as well, given that this is replacing a 7 year old PC and will probably need to run for another 7 years before replacement. Don't want to start fresh with old equipment.