• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Leave it to the Japanese to screw up Scrabbled Eggs

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Yeah. I use this method with half the butter and no creme. Turns out pretty well and fluffy.
Lots of butter in the pan as it heats up, whisk the eggs continuously over medium-high heat (my knobs have 0-10 markings, I cook eggs at 7,) more salt (Himalayan pink) than you think it needs, more pepper than you think it needs, a fair amount of shredded cheddar cheese, take off the heat as soon as they start drying/firming.

Omelets are similar, but you whisk everything but the cheese up in a bowl, put in a few mushrooms, diced tomatoes, and diced jalapenos. Melt the butter in the pan, pour the egg mix in the pan, cook until the edges start to tuck in and then wait about another minute, flip it, place the cheese on one half of the circle, fold it closed, flip it back and forth as needed for the outside to get the right color and texture.

Good enough that you'll want to slap your momma for not feeding you breakfast correctly for all these years.

Last edited:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
What temp is it supposed to cook? I just want runny eggs lol . Someone said use water and a lid .
Butter the pan and melt it, sit the pan off the stove as you put the egg in and add salt and pepper, put the pan back on the eye at ~30-40%. Easiest way to cook them once you know how to do it.