• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

LG G3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Shit, did NOT know that about them.

and noted about the Spigen cases. I just have a basic bodyglove case on mine and been good(or lucky).
That's what my buddy has used on his Note 2 and now Note 3. So far so good with his. At the very least it makes the phone so grippy you're less likely to drop it :shrug:

This one fell exactly two feet - from my bed cover down to my tailgate. Landed on the bottom right corner and the screen broke about 2/3 up on the left edge and cracked from there. So the phone itself received enough shock to flex and break the screen - a case that can't isolate the phone from that amount of stress in a two foot drop isn't worth having on. Without a case it probably would have still broken, but that's shitty testimony. "Our cases are about as good as not using one at all - check out the pretty colors!"

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I have the Spigen slim case for my GS4 and have dropped it on more than one occasion. so far so good :shrug:
Yeah, I had too. A few drops with a couple of breaks is bad enough odds for me to move on, unfortunately.

Right now I'm trying out the Seidio Obex because it looks, feels, and sounds better than the Lifeproof cases and has a monetary guarantee against breakage like Otterbox used to offer. If the screen breaks while it's in this they at least claim they'll pay for the replacement.

That's what my buddy has used on his Note 2 and now Note 3. So far so good with his. At the very least it makes the phone so grippy you're less likely to drop it :shrug:

This one fell exactly two feet - from my bed cover down to my tailgate. Landed on the bottom right corner and the screen broke about 2/3 up on the left edge and cracked from there. So the phone itself received enough shock to flex and break the screen - a case that can't isolate the phone from that amount of stress in a two foot drop isn't worth having on. Without a case it probably would have still broken, but that's shitty testimony. "Our cases are about as good as not using one at all - check out the pretty colors!"
Good to know

Damn, um ya...that ****ing sucks!

Glad you got the issue resolved, no way my hands could have done that job. :(

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
Yeah, I had too. A few drops with a couple of breaks is bad enough odds for me to move on, unfortunately.

Right now I'm trying out the Seidio Obex because it looks, feels, and sounds better than the Lifeproof cases and has a monetary guarantee against breakage like Otterbox used to offer. If the screen breaks while it's in this they at least claim they'll pay for the replacement.
the boy's GS4 is in an Otterbox Commuter, that has taken more falls than mine has and is still good. I just hate the added size of otterboxes

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
the boy's GS4 is in an Otterbox Commuter, that has taken more falls than mine has and is still good. I just hate the added size of otterboxes
Same. I liked my Spigen case because it was so slim. It's easy to put the thing in a suitcase to protect it, but that sucks for a different reason. I'm really hoping this Seidio is a good middle point, but if it isn't they'll pay for the damages and I'll find something else to try.