• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Look what I found hanging in my tent garage.

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Some kind of wasp. One person said paper wasps, another is saying Vespid. So far they have left us alone and they pollinate our garden, going to take a live and let live approach. Joe you want to come over and take a look at them? :pirate:

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Hornets? Nah.... I wouldn't leave that around.

tink

My Fawking leg hurts
VIP
All bs aside, Use cans of ether (starting fluid) and get as close as you can safely. spray the shit out of the nest, especially the mouth at the bottom. the hornets will fly out but most will just fall to the ground. when You think you can, knock nest down and ignite. stand away.:beerchug:

D-Dog

A slob, fed by Jeffery
VIP
All bs aside, Use cans of ether (starting fluid) and get as close as you can safely. spray the shit out of the nest, especially the mouth at the bottom. the hornets will fly out but most will just fall to the ground. when You think you can, knock nest down and ignite. stand away.:beerchug:
Because fire in a plastic tent is a good idea :clapping:

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Can hose it out with a garden hose. Best bet is to just get some bee killer spray and hose it down. Alternatively you can squirt it with gas. Don't have to light it, the fumes will do the job.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP

8 cans...

One in each hand of yours, one in each hand of your wife, and each of you carries two additional cans in your pockets/jacket or whatever.

Best to do this at night.

Be 90 degrees apart.

At least one of you aim one can at the hole.

tink

My Fawking leg hurts
VIP
Because fire in a plastic tent is a good idea :clapping:
the fire will be on the ground, and not a large blaze either. My method above has been tried and perfected. "Trust Me". lol. It really will work with minimal chance of sting.:agree:

Erik B

Joey's OK
VIP
Da Fuk,
Is they are yellow and black then they are yellow jackets, if black and white then bald face hornets. Both are mean as hell and need to die.

Wait till you have to get up to pee at 2am. Hit the nest with contents of a can of wasp and hornet killer, aimed at the entrance. Hot step the hell out of there and go back to sleep.