• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

malware?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Been getting back up to speed on vBulletin issues- The suggestion is if you haven't already done so go to your Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> and make sure the Use Remote UI is set to Google or Yahoo- if it's set to "None" there may be an exploit in your local copy.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Thanks Joe

And your suggestion about disabling all hooks helped me with the editor and quick reply problem.

No idea WHY, but something must be bugging up from one of the plugins/mods. None that I can think of deal with either of these, but who knows.

Now I need to figure out why my theme isn't working AT ALL...among 1,000 other things.

This really was a terrible update they put out. I know I was behind and that likely contributed to the malware, but this update seems to have as many bugs as fixes to it, from the look of everyone on the vb sites having trouble and asking for help.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
4.1.9 (the latest release) is only mobile fixes... the bulk of the changes were probably from 4.1.8- they are moving away from "bit" templates now that they can use "loops" in templates... for example every single reputation "pip" on this page is a template call, that could easily add up to hundreds of template calls just for reputation on this page... Now in VB4 there isn't any template call needed, it's just a loop for each needed image- far more efficient. However basic changes like this are sure to cause issues with custom styles- can't really be helped.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I;ve DL'd the 4.1.8 version of theme and none of it is working. Not a drop.