• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Man, this is cold blooded

Bobkid [JU]

Archived
:clapping:

http://www.wral.com/news/4674747/detail.html

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. -- A North Carolina woman has a new problem, after surviving six gunshot wounds and a jump from her second-story balcony to escape the man trying to kill her.

Now, she's being evicted from her apartment.

Dorothea Thomas was attacked last Friday. She got out of the hospital on Tuesday. On Wednesday, she found a notice on her front door, ordering her to leave.

The former Marine and police officer was served with an eviction notice for, among other things, being too loud.

Thomas is outraged. In her words, "I was not doing the violence. I was the victim. I shouldn't be treated like the perpetrator."

Peggy Piche, district manager of United Dominion Residential Community, said the owners "truly regret the difficulty she has been through," but they feel "it is in the best interests of everyone involved that she no longer resides at our property."

According to The Daily News, the eviction notice said Thomas had violated her lease agreement because she was attacked on the apartment grounds. She has lived in the apartment since 1996.
:bowdown: This exercise of true capitalism almost brings a tear to my eye. :teary:

:clapping:

Bobkid [JU]

Archived
ArizonaJeeper said:
Damn, that harsh. BUT she did break the rules by being attacked on the apartment grounds.
J
:agree: it's only fair that she has to live with the effects of her poor life choices

BobKid said:
:agree: it's only fair that she has to live with the effects of her poor life choices
Exactly...she should be more respectful of her neighbors/others and get attacked where nobody can hear and it doesnt bother anyone. :slapz:
J

There's probably other issues that lead up to the decision that aren't listed in the article.

A marine and a woman and a "Dorothea" = psycho.