• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

membership benefits...

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
i think thread tools for paid users should include open, close and delete of own threads... maybe just put a line in the membership that abuse of the delete function can result in (whatever you want) if there is a fear there... otherwise the ability to /self should be given to paid turds

thoughts :whoknows:

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
second idea... can a mini smile box be put next to the quick reply?

that would eliminate the need to 'go advanced' for 99% of postage... possibly a bonus feature for members only?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
On the first idea, paid members can (or should be able to) open & close threads and delete posts- if that's not working please PM me ASAP... I'm hesitant to allow deletion of whole threads.

On the second idea, I do believe there is a mod to add smilies to quick reply but I don't think the favorite smilies will work for it.

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
yes i was talking thread delete... call it the colinmcenroe24 escape clause ;)

second.. ok, how about a small pack of three or something... i think :D :clapping: and :jump: would serve 99% of what i was thinking, it would not need to be tied to the favorites and really could be its own separate deal... no need to maintain favorites or have anything clickable to it if that helped work this

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
this > slaves thread...

summary of open suggestions:

1. delete power for own thread, subject to good behavior or whatever restrictions you wish
2. mini smile box for quick reply with a few choice smiles, does not need to be a custom deal
3. paid members parse out [you] threads, either opt out or ignored perm.

WAT you think?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
1.OK- Paid members can delete threads... we'll see how it goes.
2.Don't think there is any option out there that will let me choose which smilies are available on quick edit but will try.
3. Not going to happen, the you hack isn't adjustable by usergroup and probably never will be- I may just get sick of it and uninstall it one day but it will be the same for everyone.

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
Lulz... One was just a suggestion, maybe its not a good idea, but I threw it out there. Same for two, except it is a great idea, in concept it has no downside but maybe more work that worthwhile in reality. Both are offerings as ideas to chip in simple (free) and decent perks to sweeten the membership kitty.

Three, no prob, a week and nobody will GAF.

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
Just thinking out loud here..yes I have time to burn lately... but...could smiles be 'hosted twice' meaning really, you just have two locations/folders.

One will be the regular folder for smiles, the other is just for the quick reply. No I don't know the exact mechanics of it, but if you can point one call to one folder (or leave it as is?) and point the second to the second, viola, the quick reply is now fully 'customized' with a small number of smiles that could be added, deleted or changed.

Benefit is that instead of having to customize vB crap, or create some special code, or setup user groups, you just feed the quick box from a folder only containing the 7 gifs, and let the smiles be as is. The quick box random order is h4x3d and can be left intact since it only has 7 to choose from.

Again, just thinking out loud.

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that... the smilies are pulled from the forum database not at random from the folder/directory.

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
so the formal reply page cant be pointed to one spot, and the quick reply pointed/fed from a second?

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
fine... suggestion four, and this one kicks ass... UIBFMMFT.. or user is banned from my thread... hopefully to keep it simple, paid member=self explanatory, the banned guy is the UIB

4. paid members can make a list of UIB, such that the UIB is banned or excluded from posting in threads they start/own... its like the ignore list just a tiny bit, but way cooler... it applys to paid member threads, and is a board wide ignore, not just a specific ignore for the paid member, and the UIB user only, which is how the ignore list already currently works... i propose it be done by...:

4a.) a paid member makes threads, the UIB cant post in any of them, they are ignored/banned for all threads made by the paid member... the UIB is governed by a list like an ignore list, maintained by the paid member

4b.) a paid member makes threads, and if some turd gets out of line, or the paid member gets sick of them, the turd can be marked as a UIB in that thread, and it basically works like 4a

4c.) a paid member makes threads, and maintains a UIB list... unknown to the world, the UIB can post as if things are normal, however the UIB posts only appear to the UIB, this leaves them to run amuck as they wish, but the rest of us are spared... this is what troll control should have been back in the day... this way we can have threads, but the junk can be hidden, ignored or otherwise invisible

i have to say 4c is my pick, however it might need a bit of responsibility or some check and balance to it so it does not become overly abused

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
i was thinking about this today before i checked in here... i love my idea, its everything TC should have been and more :spinonhead:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
fine... suggestion four, and this one kicks ass... UIBFMMFT.. or user is banned from my thread... hopefully to keep it simple, paid member=self explanatory, the banned guy is the UIB

4. paid members can make a list of UIB, such that the UIB is banned or excluded from posting in threads they start/own... its like the ignore list just a tiny bit, but way cooler... it applys to paid member threads, and is a board wide ignore, not just a specific ignore for the paid member, and the UIB user only, which is how the ignore list already currently works... i propose it be done by...:

4a.) a paid member makes threads, the UIB cant post in any of them, they are ignored/banned for all threads made by the paid member... the UIB is governed by a list like an ignore list, maintained by the paid member

4b.) a paid member makes threads, and if some turd gets out of line, or the paid member gets sick of them, the turd can be marked as a UIB in that thread, and it basically works like 4a

4c.) a paid member makes threads, and maintains a UIB list... unknown to the world, the UIB can post as if things are normal, however the UIB posts only appear to the UIB, this leaves them to run amuck as they wish, but the rest of us are spared... this is what troll control should have been back in the day... this way we can have threads, but the junk can be hidden, ignored or otherwise invisible

i have to say 4c is my pick, however it might need a bit of responsibility or some check and balance to it so it does not become overly abused
These are decent enough ideas but would take a seriously experienced VB coder to design and implement, and we're talking weeks if not months- far beyond my ability. I will post the suggestion on vbulletin.org to see if someone bites but like I said this would take a long time even if someone does volunteer to program it.

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
These are decent enough ideas but would take a seriously experienced VB coder to design and implement, and we're talking weeks if not months- far beyond my ability. I will post the suggestion on vbulletin.org to see if someone bites but like I said this would take a long time even if someone does volunteer to program it.

werd... i'm happy that its a bitchin suggestion, too bad it needs so much code but thats par for the programming course

thanks for the consider :D:D:D

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
turns out there was a mod for banning a user from a thread, well they can view the thread but not reply- which in a way enrages them more... :jump: However it's not applicable by usergroup so it's valid for non-paid members as well.