• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

message editing box in fixed width

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I have it set to full width now anyway -- that was just the default everything (including smilies - however those are/were initially populated, I didn't choose any) and that's how it looked. Just thought you might want to find whatever defaults could be changed to make that not happen to generic new members, because it looks kind of shitty. Similar issue on the main page -- this is a brand new install of chrome, no history or cookies, never used for anything but this screen shot, and it isn't logged in as a user. The width is ****ed up. I'm just trying to help - have you made a generic never-done-anything user and logged in with a browser with no manner of history or cookies to see if that reply box is wider than the center column? If it looks like shit by default (like the main page) it won't bode well for your master of forum modification title.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I wonder why I'm not having any problems... :puzzled:
I'm not having any "problems" either, I'm just noticing that the generic-just-followed-this-link-from-google user is going to see some wonky shit, and thought he might want to iron it out.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I have it set to full width now anyway -- that was just the default everything (including smilies - however those are/were initially populated, I didn't choose any) and that's how it looked. Just thought you might want to find whatever defaults could be changed to make that not happen to generic new members, because it looks kind of shitty. Similar issue on the main page -- this is a brand new install of chrome, no history or cookies, never used for anything but this screen shot, and it isn't logged in as a user. The width is ****ed up. I'm just trying to help - have you made a generic never-done-anything user and logged in with a browser with no manner of history or cookies to see if that reply box is wider than the center column? If it looks like shit by default (like the main page) it won't bode well for your master of forum modification title.

That was kind of a self fulfilling prophecy as it was your own large image in the first post throwing off the alignment on the homepage...