• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Miss Utah explains why women earn less than men...

Gioia

Heartless Repless Tart
:2cents:

I think that this contest used to be a beauty contest. It never pretended to be anything else.

I think they out to let it go back to that.

I don't think it helps women, or anyone, when they try to force contests like this to be about empowering women, or anything serious, really.

The fact is, no matter how educated or socially involved these women are, they still have to be beautiful to compete.

It's a beauty contest with all the fun taken out of it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a light hearted beauty contest. I don't think it demeans me or any other woman to just recognize that some women are just physically beautiful.

Sorry for the rant.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
:2cents:

I think that this contest used to be a beauty contest. It never pretended to be anything else.

I think they out to let it go back to that.

I don't think it helps women, or anyone, when they try to force contests like this to be about empowering women, or anything serious, really.

The fact is, no matter how educated or socially involved these women are, they still have to be beautiful to compete.

It's a beauty contest with all the fun taken out of it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a light hearted beauty contest. I don't think it demeans me or any other woman to just recognize that some women are just physically beautiful.

Sorry for the rant.
THAT, OR THEY SHOULD PUT IN USEFUL THINGS LIKE COOKING CLEANING AND GIVING BJS INTO THE COMPETITION.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Nearly as brilliant as Ms South Carolina a few years ago

Canadian_gal

As much as I am tempted to make fun of her for her answer, I have to remind myself that it's a lot easier to criticize and judge when you're not in that situation. I can't even begin to imagine myself up on that stage, in front of a live audience, AND with a camera in my face, and to think up some witty, intelligent response. I think a lot of people would struggle with that.

mcatdtJEEP

just choked on stage... like she didn't hear it exactly and tried to fake the answer

at my school last year, I had a 5th grader involved in a local beauty pageant. They asked her "what is your favorite subject in school?"

she replied

"I want to be a professional barrel racer"

and she still won the pageant. The stage mamas in back were PISSED!!!

John

Transplant
VIP
As much as I am tempted to make fun of her for her answer, I have to remind myself that it's a lot easier to criticize and judge when you're not in that situation. I can't even begin to imagine myself up on that stage, in front of a live audience, AND with a camera in my face, and to think up some witty, intelligent response. I think a lot of people would struggle with that.
I wouldn't worry too much about being on that stage.
jjj

Gioia

Heartless Repless Tart
THAT, OR THEY SHOULD PUT IN USEFUL THINGS LIKE COOKING CLEANING AND GIVING BJS INTO THE COMPETITION.
Well, then I guess there would have to be the male equivalent contest. I am thinking it would be a bug killing, go check what that scary noise in the middle of the nightis, toilet unclogging, contest. Of course all the contestants would have six pack abs, and be able to support Miss America (including eventual alimony)

Yeah, that would about even it up

Lol