• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Mochi Media Games

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
A new category of games has been added to the arcade, Mochi Media games. These are the usual flash type games except they display a small ad or short video ad before playing. Usually on the video ads you can choose to 'skip ad' after 5 or 10 seconds have played. JUOT earns money (probably fractions of a cent) each time the ad is viewed or clicked. As with the google ads just ignore them if you're not interested, but since these games earn some money for their authors they are often of higher quality than the free flash games. It is also very easy to add them to the arcade so there will probably be more of these games being added than others. I don't expect these to be a major revenue source, maybe just a couple bucks a month- they were mainly installed because of easy integration with the new arcade software.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I see them....do you not have the Mochi Media tab in teh arcade?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I just logged in as you and see them. Below is a screen capture- click on 'Arcade' in the navbar.

[qimg]mochimediaarcade.jpg[/qimg]

Kevin

Not in the 'In' Crowd
VIP
A minor FYI: If you are using something like Adblock+ to block the adds, then your score will also be blocked from being submitted.

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
A minor FYI: If you are using something like Adblock+ to block the adds, then your score will also be blocked from being submitted.
not my issue... not sure what it is but the pyramid game and the dynomite ball game have issues after the first game. I have to clear my temp files and then the scores will register.

Kevin

Not in the 'In' Crowd
VIP
not my issue... not sure what it is but the pyramid game and the dynomite ball game have issues after the first game. I have to clear my temp files and then the scores will register.
Can you link me to the games? If they are Mochi games then I can check them out on my test sites to see if I can duplicate the issue.

Also, what browser are you using? There are cache dependencies at play also; in short, if your browser is ignoring the v3A cache settings embedded in the header than you may encounter an issue (though nobody has actually reported that as an issue yet).

Forgot to mention: I am the owner of the v3 Arcade project and one of the developers so I am interested in hearing about any & all problems/suggestions about it. ;)