• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Motorcycle wipes out in front of my house...

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
I while back there was a skinny assed dude who put a ginormous Harley on it's side at a stoplight around midnight. He was obviously drunk off his ass and trying desperately to right the bike before the light turned green. Some dude in a pickup jumped out and helped him but my God people, why ride more bike than you can handle just to look cool?

:wtf:
My stepfather dumped his Gold Wing in the driveway. That was a heavy bike.
But if you know how to pick a bike up, it's not hard even with a heavy one.
:beerchug:

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I guess we didn't know. :D

Seem to remember using a foot as a stop on the side of the tire.

My uncle had a few Harleys but I don't remember one going over.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I don't ride, never have but I'm thinking using the handlebars as leverage would be a good starting point.
Mine have never been more than about 500lbs. I'm also not a slight individual with little strength, so the few times I've run into the problem, getting it sticky side down wasn't the issue. Damage, OTOH, was the main concern.

John

Transplant
VIP
Mine have never been more than about 500lbs. I'm also not a slight individual with little strength, so the few times I've run into the problem, getting it sticky side down wasn't the issue. Damage, OTOH, was the main concern.
There's that EXTREME Willy T I remember.
:tiphat:

jjj

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
This guy talks a lot of bullshit, but gives a good demo of the awesomeness of my built in tip-over protection.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Yeah but if I get a street bike it needs to be comfy for S to get on the back. I'm thinking Vstrom.
As long as she keeps her ass small it's plenty comfy :clapping:

V-Stroms are really cool, though. It seems people like the smaller one more than the big one for some reason.

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
I'd go for the 1000. No reason not to. 650 with 2 people on the 70+mph highway @ 11,500 feet and going up would not be fun.