• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Netflix recommendations??

I just signed up for Netflix. First time I've ever seen or used it. First impression, the interface is kinda meh and I'm not sure about the selection.

I'm watching "The League" right now based on a recommendation from a friend. What else should go on the must-watch list? Point me to the gems..

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Every Star Trek episode from every series is there. That should keep you busy for a month,

I just canceled my entire netflix.
Too early to judge, but I can see me doing this as well. I'm almost thinking it comes down to Comcast vs. Hulu/Netflix/Google Playstore/DroidTV/etc. Cable gets me live TV and no delay between air date and availability, where streaming services is cheaper overall, older seasons, and movies. There is enough overlap between the two I'm not sure if it's worth it to pay for both. I guess that's why I'm a fan of the free Hulu service, there isn't much I don't already get on cable that I'd watch, but for the price of watching a few commercials it's worth it.

Breaking Bad. Sons of Anarchy.

/thread.
Every Star Trek episode from every series is there. That should keep you busy for a month,
I think I'm all caught up and have seen all these when they originally aired.

I'm really asking about shows that are exclusive to Netflix, or perhaps are obscure and likely to have been missed. Something like Firefly would be a good example, although in the case of Firefly I have the DVD set (given to me as a gift).

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
House of Cards = OK
Orange is the New Black = Sucks except for hot lesbian scenes
New Season of Arrested Development = Was a bit of a let down
Lillyhammer = Weird, OK if you like mob stuff I guess

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Too early to judge, but I can see me doing this as well. I'm almost thinking it comes down to Comcast vs. Hulu/Netflix/Google Playstore/DroidTV/etc. Cable gets me live TV and no delay between air date and availability, where streaming services is cheaper overall, older seasons, and movies. There is enough overlap between the two I'm not sure if it's worth it to pay for both. I guess that's why I'm a fan of the free Hulu service, there isn't much I don't already get on cable that I'd watch, but for the price of watching a few commercials it's worth it.
If I were paying for Hulu, I'd cancel it as well. I just dont' watch enough to justify it. If I were paying for premium service on cable, I'd cut back. I'm at the minimum now.

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
Not sure how much I would trust Joe's suggestions lately. Between wanting jail birds to have gourmet food, internet, etc.. mating with dogs and blowing Michael Jackson... he is sorta creeping me out.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Isolation tends to drive one toward a measure of insanity. His only people contact is pretty much his mom/sister and medical personnel. Even I have a better social life.

Canadian_gal

I just signed up for Netflix. First time I've ever seen or used it. First impression, the interface is kinda meh and I'm not sure about the selection.

I'm watching "The League" right now based on a recommendation from a friend. What else should go on the must-watch list? Point me to the gems..
Dexter!!

Wait....

Is that on only Canadian Nextflix? I can't remember. My boyfriend is able to switch between American and Canadian Netflix quite regularly, so I lose track of what shows/movies. If Dexter is on American Netflix, I highly recommend it.