• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

"Pawn Stars" is fake... Who would have known?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Hardly news, still one of the bets shows on TV.

A few years back TMZ reported Rick Harrison himself was buying some type of Russian ICBM warhead from an auction and the feds needed to make sure it was legal/safe to buy (the nuclear components were removed.)

A few months later on the show a woman with a Russian accent is trying to SELL them a Russian ICBM warhead.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I went in their shop a few years ago before they got big. The place was small. We tried to go back in there last fall and the line was 11 billion people. There's an eclectic antiques next door that is way more interesting.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I went in their shop a few years ago before they got big. The place was small. We tried to go back in there last fall and the line was 11 billion people. There's an eclectic antiques next door that is way more interesting.
The line is only for tourists... People with local Vegas ID get right in.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
can't watch that dung. same negotiation over/over
no shit

(outside) It's worth $5k, I'll be happy with $4k

(inside)
Rick: Whaddya want for it?
Turd: How's $2k?
Rick: I'll give ya $100
Turd: Can ya do $1k?
Rick: Best I can do is $200
Turd: I'll take it!!

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
no shit

(outside) It's worth $5k, I'll be happy with $4k

(inside)
Rick: Whaddya want for it?
Turd: How's $2k?
Rick: I'll give ya $100
Turd: Can ya do $1k?
Rick: Best I can do is $200
Turd: I'll take it!!
WHY DO THEY NEVER WORK OUT A TRADE!?

"best i can do is $200"

"ok, $200 plus $1k in store credit"

I always guessed they showed re-enactments of actual deals. Sounds like they may be making up deals as well. Same with American Guns, Sons of Guns, American Pickers, etc. etc. etc. Random "real" people + camera crew would not turn out like they show it.

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
The comment section was actually a funny read. Makes me wonder, who thinks it makes a difference leaving butthurt comments like that, or who has time or interest to sit around pounding F5 on the comment section??

Only thing I learned is some folks have still not discovered the wonderful world of bbs :naw:

Past that I think the show is mid jump and the shark is safe. This guy last night had a clean assed M38 that, ok TV doesn't look underneath, but the rig looked way legit, the only thing it needed were some serious AZ pinstripes. He wanted like 20k, I think the offer was barely 8k. What a sad sack offer.

On the positives, both Rick and count read their show notes well, neither missed making a moment out of the stock snorkel....