• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Pete Rose, Steroids, and the End of Baseball

Taken from an article on ESPN's website:

"I never thought anybody would make me look like an altar boy," Rose said.
And you know what? He has a point!

Rose is banned from baseball for life and no chance for the Hall of Fame for doing what? Betting? And yet these guys who now admit to using steroids, HGH, etc are going to get a slap on the wrist and a chance at the Hall of Fame?

Baseball is dead to me.

Taken from an article on ESPN's website:

And you know what? He has a point!

Rose is banned from baseball for life and no chance for the Hall of Fame for doing what? Betting? And yet these guys who now admit to using steroids, HGH, etc are going to get a slap on the wrist and a chance at the Hall of Fame?

Baseball is dead to me.
Yet it was perfectly ok for Ray Lewis to murder someone and Michael Irvin to do drugs and all for all of the Bengals players to get arrested for all of their infractions. It never ceases to amaze me at how people look at one scandal that is current and then forget about all the other scandals in the past.

Yet it was perfectly ok for Ray Lewis to murder someone and Michael Irvin to do drugs and all for all of the Bengals players to get arrested for all of their infractions. It never ceases to amaze me at how people look at one scandal that is current and then forget about all the other scandals in the past.
WTF? Where do you come up with all that being ok?

Lewis murdered someone? you are playing awful liberal with history there Matt :shush:

Josh [JU]

Archived
He made some points, IIRC, about point shaving, etc, but as far as I'm concerned, that's NOT betting on your team. Nor was there any evidence of this, as far as I know.

The original post is a great point, however.
The only precedent is the "Black Sox" which makes betting a far worse offense than steroids....to date.

He made some points, IIRC, about point shaving, etc, but as far as I'm concerned, that's NOT betting on your team. Nor was there any evidence of this, as far as I know.

The original post is a great point, however.
The only precedent is the "Black Sox" which makes betting a far worse offense than steroids....to date.
not to mention all the other offenses in baseball and across sports that have acured. If I were Pete I'd tell them to shove it, that I didn't want in their worthless hall of fame.