• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Pork Butt

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Little of 7 lbs, probably take a good 11-13 hours, apple wood

Neil

Better than Matt
VIP
Thx. I agree. Mild but still adds to is. I like pecan too for pork
Try some sugar maple, very mellow but taste great too. My wife even likes it for brats, and she really doesn't like smoked foods.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Try some sugar maple, very mellow but taste great too. My wife even likes it for brats, and she really doesn't like smoked foods.
I'll have to try and find that. Most of what I buy is just from Lowes, not a lot of options here

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
looks good! i like a stronger wood for pork butts because due to them being so thick.

I jsut sadly moved my WSM under the deck in advance of the new pellet grill coming.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
I had to prune the plum trees back so I have a lot of wood that I'm gonna play with. Suppose to be similar to apple (or other fruit trees).

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Looks like pig slop.

Hows that hand?
Yeah damn near all potato salad is sloppy looking. It’s good though. We made some for the 4th.

Good. 3wk checkup tomorrow. Back to typing and light duty shit already. Already ran the tractor a couple of times again. I don’t force a clenched fist because it’ll pop. I haven’t in a week or so anyway. Meh.