• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Prepare yourself for "The Singularity"

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
This weekend Bits and Bytes and Can You Hear Me Now? will both be merged into The Singularity.

The Singularity will be for threads about all our modern "smart" technologies be it computer, tablet, phone, video game, or other microprocessor powered device.

R U e?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I'm not opposed to folding the motorcycle forum back into OT... it doesn't seem to get the traffic it used to.

John in MA

They see me rollin'
VIP
Guns, tech, and the limited-access ones. Burn the rest. This place isn't going to become the next Fark or SA, no matter how many furries you drag over.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I think Singularity isn't properly descriptive. Cool name, but not effective.

Tech Depot would be better. Really, anything with "Tech" in the name is a draw.

Beyond that, I don't have a problem with the merging of forums. And contrary to what others think, I don't have a problem with having some indexable sub-forums. Merge the motorcycle thing into OT-Lite so it can be found.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Ordinarily when I merge an "on topic" forum I do merge the threads into OT Light so they remain indexed. However in this case I know after months of tracking keywords that bring people to JUOT almost none come from any Motorcycle threads.

So I'm all for whatever the people who do post in that thread prefer whether it is OT or OT Light.

"Tech" will be used in the description.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I'd still leave it in OTlite. And Tech should be a part of the name.

My opinion, therefore it should be so. :D

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
So after making "The Singularity" happen and duping Motorcycle threads int OT Light per Monk's suggestion I also went ahead and combined the Movie and TV forums together into "The Moving Picture" for all TV/Movie related discussion. :up: