• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

PWC Assclown?

WCT097 [JU]

Archived
So my friend bought a hopped up Yamaha PWC. I don't know the model, but it's a "two seater". He weighs a little more than me and claims that he machine isn't meant for people our size. He can't even sit in the water at idle without capsizing. I'm thinking that he's just being the typical arrogant ass-clown he normally is. Anyway, I have a cash bet going that I can get on the thing in the water without flipping it over.

Am I way off, or is it possible that the ski is too small for someone weighing 250+ to ride it? It's a 750cc I think.

WCT097 said:
So my friend bought a hopped up Yamaha PWC. I don't know the model, but it's a "two seater". He weighs a little more than me and claims that he machine isn't meant for people our size. He can't even sit in the water at idle without capsizing. I'm thinking that he's just being the typical arrogant ass-clown he normally is. Anyway, I have a cash bet going that I can get on the thing in the water without flipping it over.

Am I way off, or is it possible that the ski is too small for someone weighing 250+ to ride it? It's a 750cc I think.
I think I've had 350# on my old XP. That was a 650cc. My GTXDI, was much nicer for 1, 2, and even 3 people. That had a direct orbital injection 951cc though. My XP with two on it would ride seriously LOW in the water until you planed it, and it took a little bit to get it on plane. The seadoo HX was the most gawd awful un-mountable if you biffed PWC I've ever ridden. The XP was a biatch to remount too. The GTX, you could mount from the side it was so stable.

WCT097 [JU]

Archived
OK, he's still an assclown, but he was right about the thing being a bitch to remount. I couldn't even balance on the thing unless I was moving wide teh f*** open. Slow speed handling sucked big time for someone my size. I did however win the bet, because I successfully remounted it once. The trick was to start it, then get on the back ever so carefully and grab the throttle and hope it got moving before it tipped over.

nj666 [JU]

Archived
WCT097 said:
LOL... sure. I've ridden PWCs before, but this was a completely different beast.
I had an Sea Doo XP with a bouyancy issue. It was a shame b/c it was very clean, low hours, great engine, pretty fast and once going, would handle awesome. At idle on water, you'd get tossed off with no chance of getting back on. We had three PWC's in our group. Nobody had any problem getting on any PWC except mine. Was so frustrating to ride knowing you couldn't fall off that I sold it and haven't been on another since.

you and your friend are just fat and uncordinated.

my ski is a pain in the ass to mount with out capsizing just like you describes the yamaha. you are going to get your pecker cut off trying to mount in from the back with the thing running. mount from the side if you must mount it that way or, practice on it and learn to balance it.....

WCT097 [JU]

Archived
Jeepnut28 said:
you and your friend are just fat and uncordinated.
Fat yes... uncoordinated, no.

mount from the side if you must mount it that way or, practice on it and learn to balance it.....
No way in hell is it possible for anyone over 200lbs to mount it from the side.

WCT097 said:
Fat yes... uncoordinated, no.

No way in hell is it possible for anyone over 200lbs to mount it from the side.

swing a leg up tubby. I would be willing to bet with all your time on a motorcylce you could get the hang of getting on the thing in a hurry. it just takes time. mine is miserable to get uncoordinated people on the back (mostly people who have never ridden), once they get some practice they can mount pretty easily.

Jeepnut28 said:
you are going to get your pecker cut off trying to mount in from the back with the thing running.
I would never try to mount a running ski, but you aren't going to get your pecker cut off trying to mount one from the rear. The impeller is back inside the stator.

Jeepnut28 said:
swing a leg up tubby. I would be willing to bet with all your time on a motorcylce you could get the hang of getting on the thing in a hurry. it just takes time. mine is miserable to get uncoordinated people on the back (mostly people who have never ridden), once they get some practice they can mount pretty easily.
I would love to see you try to mount an XP from the side. Really, that would be funny.

goldenjeeper said:
I would never try to mount a running ski, but you aren't going to get your pecker cut off trying to mount one from the rear. The impeller is back inside the stator.

no ****. I was joking. ever taken a full throttle jet blast to the junk though? feels like it is going to pull your pecker off.

Jeepnut28 said:
no ****. I was joking. ever taken a full throttle jet blast to the junk though? feels like it is going to pull your pecker off.
Men and women alike can get severe internal damage if they fall directly off the back of the ski at full throttle, and get a 600psi douche/enema. Seriously.

goldenjeeper said:
Men and women alike can get severe internal damage if they fall directly off the back of the ski at full throttle, and get a 600psi douche/enema. Seriously.

yeah no ****, that is why I am always yelling a people not to start my ski until I am clear of it, if I am pushing them off the beach.

goldenjeeper said:
From the back for 2-seaters like XPs. The 3-seaters, are like dive platforms, and you can side mount them. Ever been on an HX?

had to get saved on an HX once. I got on it from the beach, but couldnt remount in deep water. love the way those things handle though.

Jeepnut28 said:
I guess I just was lucky, because I didn't have any pain when I tried to climb on the back of our 2-seater with my brother driving forward slowly for stability, I just nearly lost my swimsuit. :shush:

Justin-A-GTOSE said:
I guess I just was lucky, because I didn't have any pain when I tried to climb on the back of our 2-seater with my brother driving forward slowly for stability, I just nearly lost my swimsuit. :shush:

full throttle is different though.......I personally dont like standing behind any running ski. I dont trust that anyone is NOT stupid enough to full throttle it at any given time.

ever time I try to teach someone to ride for the first time, the FIRST thing they always do is give it full throttle.

I hate riding passenger on any ski.