• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

PWC Assclown?

Jeepnut28 said:
had to get saved on an HX once. I got on it from the beach, but couldnt remount in deep water. love the way those things handle though.
Shame they never went bigger than the 720 in them. Having the engine up front with the DS that ran through the fuel tank was kinda wierd though. I loved the one I rode, and did end up taking a LONG time to get back on it. I ended up plugging my lanyard in, and then high tailing it up on, and start/WOT almost simultaneously to avoid biffing off again.

goldenjeeper said:
Shame they never went bigger than the 720 in them. Having the engine up front with the DS that ran through the fuel tank was kinda wierd though. I loved the one I rode, and did end up taking a LONG time to get back on it. I ended up plugging my lanyard in, and then high tailing it up on, and start/WOT almost simultaneously to avoid biffing off again.

same way I was trying to remount. I just got too tired after awhile. my buddy came out on my ski to get me.

can you get up and a stand up? I would need some practice, but I am sure I could get the hang of it again. I havent been on one of those in a LONG ass time.

Jeepnut28 said:
can you get up and a stand up? I would need some practice, but I am sure I could get the hang of it again. I havent been on one of those in a LONG ass time.
usedtacould. I am sure it would just take time, like you, its been a while. Hell, its been a whiel since I was on any PWC.

Jeepnut28 said:
my ski is a 94. it has none of that fancy seadoo stuff. just go and stop.
My XP was a 94 also. My other one was the fancy schmancy onboard air having direct injected, computer controlled thingamabobber.

goldenjeeper said:
usedtacould. I am sure it would just take time, like you, its been a while. Hell, its been a whiel since I was on any PWC.

I have some buddies that used to amatuer races their stand ups, they made me look silly on theirs. I could get up and putt around the cove a bit.......they could catch feet of air, submarine, jet spray the beach and all sorts of cool stuff. the rule was, if you fell of the ski and you were swimming back to it, they would come buy and give you a face full of jet stream.....

I should really buy some more doos. Only problem is I don't want the old klunky ones that I have all the specialized tools to work on (an entire big drawer of my rollaway), I want one of those fancy schmancy 230hp supercharged 4-strokes.

Taggart [JU]

Archived
Jeepnut28 said:
I u8sed to be able to, but it's been a few years since I've been on one. Then again it didn't take very long to get the hang of it. It's easy to take risks when you're going to land in water instead of on rocks or pavement. :yup:

Jeepnut28 said:
i bet the XP was a funner ride.
Yes and no. Adjustable trim, and tossability were decent. Ride sucked ass, and it was only a 52mph machine. My big one, had an AWESOME ride, was still tossable, albiet much more massive, and HELLA fast and more powerful, didn't smoke, was rediculously quiet, got 4 times the fuel economy(although it took 91 octane, and synthetic only oil) and would smoke $500K boats like they were nothing.

goldenjeeper said:
I should really buy some more doos. Only problem is I don't want the old klunky ones that I have all the specialized tools to work on (an entire big drawer of my rollaway), I want one of those fancy schmancy 230hp supercharged 4-strokes.

I think you should. sounds like one of the few things you enjoyed doing. life is too short not to have a little bit of fun.

I would find something that doesnt cost much and paid off. my ski only costs me money when I want to ride it, other than that it can sit there and not take any of my money.

I would never (as I am sure you wouldnt either) finance a jet ski or a boat.

Jeepnut28 said:
I think you should. sounds like one of the few things you enjoyed doing. life is too short not to have a little bit of fun.

I would find something that doesnt cost much and paid off. my ski only costs me money when I want to ride it, other than that it can sit there and not take any of my money.

I would never (as I am sure you wouldnt either) finance a jet ski or a boat.
My XP, cost me pretty much nada. I bought it for 2 or 3K (can't remember) from my uncle, and it was beat up (by his idiot son). Put an impeller on it, starter/flywheel, various trim pieces, and patched the hole in the hull, rebuilt and rejetted the carbs, tossed on a head with lower cc combustion chambers, and it was better than new. Rode it HARD for 2-3 years, and then sold it back to him for exactly what I had paid for it. My GTXDI millenium edition cost me about $300/hour though. Old and slow is infinetly more cost effective than new and flashy. The XP probably cost me $5/hour to ride which included repairs/upgrades/gas/oil.

Your friend got an awsome ski as he probibly has a waveblaster, they suck untill you take them out in the surf and thats where they will fly
As far as seadoos go the RXP is pretty god damn fast, my friend has one with a moded intercooler prop and grate and it goes about 76

woodyxj87 said:
As far as seadoos go the RXP is pretty god damn fast, my friend has one with a moded intercooler prop and grate and it goes about 76
Give me that in the 3-seat version, and I would be hella happy. Give me a modded stator/pump housing too though.