• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Reminder and instructions on how to use your "Ignore List."

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
If there is anyone on JUOT who you just HATE or otherwise can't stand... Someone who you feel adds nothing to the conversation or is otherwise a waste of your time, a "meany" perhaps, there is a simple fix.

Click here to go to your JUOT Ignore List.

Being on your Ignore List will do the following:

1) The user will no longer be able to post in threads you've created
2) Any posts the user makes in old threads or threads of other people will be hidden
3) Any threads created by the user will not even show up on the forum

The elegance of this system is if the majority of active members do not like someone so much they choose to ignore him or her the ignored user will find they are unable to post in the majority of topics. They will also see almost no one posting in the topics they create because few people even see them.

Nature will takes its course.

The system is well designed, please use it rather than opening new threads complaining about this user or that user- THAT is probably what they want the most, attention.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Can't ignore mods/admins. Ignored users can still like/stfu posts. Give the system some teeth and then it will worthy.
Likewise, mods can't ignore drivel like normal users. We have to look at it to make sure it doesn't contain something that needs to be moderated.

DH350nWo

Meh
VIP
Likewise, mods can't ignore drivel like normal users. We have to look at it to make sure it doesn't contain something that needs to be moderated.
That is the price to be paid if one volunteers for a 'mod' job.

Regular users shouldn't have that burden.

but seeing how you have a special room burned in your memory castle for hating me, you just don't have the self control to not hit the STFU button every time you see me and you're such an intellectually incompetent and dishonest dork, you can't actually contest my arguments without resorting to the ad hominem fallacy ever.

since you've gone to the trouble of building me such a big room to hate me in your memory castle, here's a great piece of background music for it.

this is a really good one too, because you can use this in your 'i hate big fat ******s room', too. :thumbsup:

John

Transplant
VIP
If you click to respond to their thread or post. The latter is how I noticed that I was on yours.