• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

ryobi P827 combo package

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
drill and recip saw... only $99 with two 18v lithium batteries. Needed for run of the mill household/yard tasks- reviews are pretty good but what do the guys of juot say?

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
Good stuff. Mine has lasted well.
I've had mine forever, good stuff
Thanks gentlemen! Appreciate the input. The sales guy was telling me to spend just $60 more and get the Milwaukee combo pack or a little more and get rigid (no combo pack sale for them)- I said for that $60 I could buy another Ryobi one+ tool but that I would check with the brain trust ( you all, SO and brothers). I just don't want to spend money on something that is going to die out after I use it a couple of times but I also don't need "the best" money can buy. I was hoping these would be the happy middle ground.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I bought the older Ryobi set, drill, "mouse" sander, and flashlight, with bag. The original batteries are long dead, but I've upgraded to the lithium by buying the weedwacker and blower. Cheaper to buy the blower with battery and charger than just the battery or charger.

I must have dropped that drill four times when I was putting up a new garage door the summer I moved here, and that sucker is still going strong. I'm on a teeny corner lot and one battery will run the weedwacker and the blower with some juice left.

John

Transplant
VIP
My ryobi stuff has held up well and I see it on job sites a lot more than expected so it can't be too bad.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Ryobi is good stuff. Have the drill, blower/sweeper, and hedge trimmer. Will probably buy the recip saw, driver, and circular saw in the future.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I forgot that I have the circular saw. It's really loud. I think my wired Craftsman is a bit quieter, or maybe the Ryobi just has an annoying pitch.

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
Ryobi is good stuff. Have the drill, blower/sweeper, and hedge trimmer. Will probably buy the recip saw, driver, and circular saw in the future.
Home depot has three different combo packs on sale for $99- each has a drill, but from the pricing of the batteries, it would be worth it to pick up a combo pack as it comes with two batteries and sell the drill if you don't need it. Although the circular saw in the combo pack seems a bit small- likely good for most jobs or they wouldn't sell. The ones I saw had a drill and a impact driver or circular saw or reciprocating saw.

Anyone have one of their grass/weed trimmers?

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I have their sawzall, circular saw, chainsaw, drill, flashlight and 3 of the high capacity Lithiums. Just bought the two pack for 100 buck special they were running at HD. Also have the car charger.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Anyone have one of their grass/weed trimmers?
I have the green one, with the lithium battery. Can trim or edge by spinning the shaft and locking the collar.

This one Ryobi ONE+ 18-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless String Trimmer Edger-P2060 at The Home Depot

I may pick up another combo pack (or at least a drill) so I can have a drill bit on one drill and a driver in the other. Having to change between the two = white people problems. :D

That $99 drill and impact combo might work, I've been wanting to pick up a cordless impact.

Last edited:

John

Transplant
VIP
Even their cheap ass drill that I got I sale for $20 last Christmas has been good. Especially if I use my 18v Lion battery with it.

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
I have the green one, with the lithium battery. Can trim or edge by spinning the shaft and locking the collar.

This one Ryobi ONE+ 18-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless String Trimmer Edger-P2060 at The Home Depot

I may pick up another combo pack (or at least a drill) so I can have a drill bit on one drill and a driver in the other. Having to change between the two = white people problems. :D

That $99 drill and impact combo might work, I've been wanting to pick up a cordless impact.
That is the one I looked at in the store today... they have one online only with a ship to store/home for free for $50- I should compare them and make a decision. I picked up a B&D electric trimmer today for $50- good reviews etc. but I am now thinking I should go with the Ryobi... I keep vacillating on it.

The sales guy told me if I went with Ryobi they usually offer either a Christmas or father's day combo package once a year. He said he knows people come in and buy them just for the batteries and resell the tools.

Ralph

VIP
I've got:
  • standard 3/8" drill
  • 1/2" hammer drill
  • 1/4" impact driver
  • sawzall
  • circular saw
  • light
  • right angle drill
  • blower
  • weedwacker

They've all been great. We used to use the Ryobi stuff in store at HD and beat the shit out of it. It never missed a beat.

Ralph

VIP
mnLiberty, you could even go buy it from my friends at the HD off 35W and Stinson. It's fersure the ghetto HD in the cities, but that's where I started.