• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Samsung big ol WT Teevee

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
One thing that has concerned me about purchasing from the likes of Amazon... will their free delivery put it in my 2nd floor apartment or will i find the box wedged in the entry way downstairs?

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
Yep. I could work with that. Big ol' WT TV is still on my want list... enjoy! I would love to have one in time for football season but that won't happen.

:beerchug:

HDC

Fiercely mediocre
One thing that has concerned me about purchasing from the likes of Amazon... will their free delivery put it in my 2nd floor apartment or will i find the box wedged in the entry way downstairs?
The carrier calls you to schedule delivery on big items. Bought my last behemoth CRT Sony that way. Delivery dude hiked it up a flight of stairs to my condo at the time.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
The carrier calls you to schedule delivery on big items. Bought my last behemoth CRT Sony that way. Delivery dude hiked it up a flight of stairs to my condo at the time.
Hmmm.... they'd love me. Two ways in, front door is narrow and the U turn at the top makes WTTV transport hard. Back steps are steep.

There are so may toys I want and only so much $$$. WTTV is lower on the list than many other things. I could buy several firearms for that money

HDC

Fiercely mediocre
Hmmm.... they'd love me. Two ways in, front door is narrow and the U turn at the top makes WTTV transport hard. Back steps are steep.

There are so may toys I want and only so much $$$. WTTV is lower on the list than many other things. I could buy several firearms for that money
This one only weighs about 45 lbs. The hard part is that it's awkwardly wide.

As far as cost, we only have one TV in the house. This is the much needed upgrade over our old 30 something inch CRT. This'll last us a while.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
My 27" CRT Sony is working just fine.

And I want to buy other things.

:sigh:

We somehow need a :sigh: smiley.

HDC

Fiercely mediocre
My 27" CRT Sony is working just fine.

And I want to buy other things.

:sigh:

We somehow need a :sigh: smiley.
I know the feeling. But we've been looking at getting this for a while. It's not a spree by any means.

Actually, besides the checking account, the only one in the house that'll be put out by the new TV will be the cat. She likes sitting in top of the TV and watching from above. Somehow I don't think she'll manage it on the 2 inch deep one.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Have that exact model. Absolutely brilliant TV.

Lark Bunting

:middlefinger:
VIP
I got a 46" Sony in July and have
had zero regrets. It replaced a 32" CRT POS that has been around for a long time. Felt good stepping into the 21st century.

RhodeIslandRed

The man, myth and legend©
I wound up with a cheapo Vizio 32". I was amazed at the difference HDMI cables made over the composites coming out of the XBox. Monoprice cables at that.

HDC

Fiercely mediocre
lolz big?!!! I have a 46" vizio in the bedroom. 61" in the living room. Go big or go home.
61 inches would fill my living room. I have a 1400 sq ft house. A bit too much for our needs.

I just put the order in for a new receiver too. The sort of old Denon had no HDMI capacity. Got me some bargain basement $9 HDMI cables too. Now I just need a new sat receiver and Blu Ray player. Maybe later on the Blu Ray....