• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Scotch?

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I was given some Glen Rothes, and it ROCKS.

Always a fan of Jonnie Walker - any color, but especially black
I was given a bottle of Aberlour 12 year and Macallan cask strength, and they both suck. Apparently I just can't get down with scotch.

pejeeper

Ninjas need not apply
VIP
I have a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black. I don't drink scotch though. Going to re-gift it one day.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I chipped a tooth in high school because of Johnnie Walker Red.

hjeepxj

I was given a bottle of Aberlour 12 year and Macallan cask strength, and they both suck. Apparently I just can't get down with scotch.
Scotch seems to be a love-hate thing, my neighbor has a bottle of Blue Johnnie (the good stuff), and he pawns it off on me (not that I'm complaining), he says scotch tastes like "dust". :rotflmao:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Scotch seems to be a love-hate thing, my neighbor has a bottle of Blue Johnnie (the good stuff), and he pawns it off on me (not that I'm complaining), he says scotch tastes like "dust". :rotflmao:
It seems that the Irish and Canadians like calm whisky, the rednecks like to give it a bit of vanilla and oak tinge, and the Scots like to pour it through the ****ing fireplace :sousy:

neevo

Limey Hippo
There are so many varied flavours of whisky out there you just need to keep trying different malts until you ind one you like :beerchug:

neevo

Limey Hippo
It seems that the Irish and Canadians like calm whisky, the rednecks like to give it a bit of vanilla and oak tinge, and the Scots like to pour it through the ****ing fireplace :sousy:
Maybe you should try a lowland malt. The whisky flavours vary depending on the rock the water they are made with passes through.
I have found that the whiskys I like are older than those normally stocked on supermarket shelves. 15 and 18 year old GlenFiddichs are a good example, I cannot stand the 8 year old especially it's after-taste

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I'm not a fan of Islay offerings, but have a decent collection of other stuff. I've been nursing a bottle of Glengoyne 18 year for a number of years. Have some JW Double Black on my kitchen counter.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
Balvenie 14 Caribbean cask
Glenlivet 15
Dalmore 12

are my go to scotches.