• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Shower Heads

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
faucet.com

I prefer Kohler / Delta / American Standard in that order. There are better brands if money is no object, but something from one of those will work great.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
My shower has a 3 way valve- Overhead Rain Fall Head / Standard handheld shower-head / and both at the same time. Works well.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I installed two Moen mixing valves, so I have two feeds going to a ceiling and wall mounted head. Should be able to run both at once. Still need to figure out the wall mounted head.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I hate handheld shower heads. I prefer a high mounted rainfall type shower head.
Again, I have a ceiling mounted rain head plumbed. I'm trying to figure out what wall mounted head to use, and am thinking about finding one with a diverter valve that lets you use a handheld head in addition to the ceiling rainfall and wall mounted heads.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
The large diameter shower heads, if operated without the restrictor to get decent pressure, will empty your water heater like crazy. :paper:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
:puzzled: On par with that American Standard plastic junk, and will outlast and out perform. Plumber that redid my shower says Delta is junk. :shug:
I can only speak for myself, house is all Delta except for Moen in the kitchen and Master shower. I've had to fix the kitchen faucet three times, and it's leaking again now. Had to fix the master shower once. None of the others have required any attention.

Additional frustration has come from my kitchen faucet being something they don't know they made. There was a design change the month mine was made, and mine isn't either of them. It's half-assed both of them. Fortunately now they actually have my name on file, and they send me to the same guy to talk to, and that dude basically just sends me all of the guts of both generations so I can pick what I need. But it was a ****ing two week nightmare the first time, and my faucet sucks compared to what I bought. It's one of those that you pull the head out as the sprayer -- what I bought had a nice SS corrugated hose, very sturdy/weighted feeling head with a nice valve feel when using the button to go from spray to flow. The little plastic cap at the end cracked, which made it dribble. The replacement was to replace the hose with a cheap plastic POS, and the head with a plastic piece of shit (that looks like ss, but isn't). It was like getting a KIA replacement dash from Bentley and being told to deal with it. And it took two weeks to make it fit because of the weird bastardized parts-bin special I ended up with.

So that's enough for me. **** Moen. I'm sure everyone has had bad experiences with everything, and good with everything, but not me. 10 faucets - 2 moen, only 2 with problems. Shitty showing for that brand.

John

Transplant
VIP
I can only speak for myself, house is all Delta except for Moen in the kitchen and Master shower. I've had to fix the kitchen faucet three times, and it's leaking again now. Had to fix the master shower once. None of the others have required any attention.

Additional frustration has come from my kitchen faucet being something they don't know they made. There was a design change the month mine was made, and mine isn't either of them. It's half-assed both of them. Fortunately now they actually have my name on file, and they send me to the same guy to talk to, and that dude basically just sends me all of the guts of both generations so I can pick what I need. But it was a ****ing two week nightmare the first time, and my faucet sucks compared to what I bought. It's one of those that you pull the head out as the sprayer -- what I bought had a nice SS corrugated hose, very sturdy/weighted feeling head with a nice valve feel when using the button to go from spray to flow. The little plastic cap at the end cracked, which made it dribble. The replacement was to replace the hose with a cheap plastic POS, and the head with a plastic piece of shit (that looks like ss, but isn't). It was like getting a KIA replacement dash from Bentley and being told to deal with it. And it took two weeks to make it fit because of the weird bastardized parts-bin special I ended up with.

So that's enough for me. **** Moen. I'm sure everyone has had bad experiences with everything, and good with everything, but not me. 10 faucets - 2 moen, only 2 with problems. Shitty showing for that brand.
FIL has a plumbing business and he says that about price fister. (sp?) He says their products are cheaply made junk and you can't get parts for their products because they are always changing the design and don't support it.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
FIL has a plumbing business and he says that about price fister. (sp?) He says their products are cheaply made junk and you can't get parts for their products because they are always changing the design and don't support it.
I have a PF faucet in the kitchen. It's cheap and you can see lime scale where it has apparently leaked a bit even though it's only about a year old.

John

Transplant
VIP
Our kitchen faucet (pf) was leaking out of one of the handles but luckily I was able to fix it with a $4 universal part.