• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

spoiler - Olympics

cdnjeepin

Canuckian
VIP
I will have to try to catch the last ten minutes of the third period on the replay tonight- hard for the canucks not to win with a 5 on 3 power play in sudden death.
4 on 3

Overtime is 4 on 4

Girl that got the penalty was warned a few times in the game not to slash at the goalie, she took a bad penalty in OT

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
4 on 3

Overtime is 4 on 4

Girl that got the penalty was warned a few times in the game not to slash at the goalie, she took a bad penalty in OT
Indeed you are correct.... Dan talking heads said 5 x3. Was watching some replays of the penalty and the winning goal. our gal earned that penalty... no doubt. Impressive for Canada to go for straight though... even if I wish it ended differently.

cdnjeepin

Canuckian
VIP
The US girls are fast, but it was a younger team too, they lost a little composure at the end of the game.

It was the last olympics for a lot of Canadian veterans. I don't think we would have been so lucky if it was a younger team

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Great coaching to put the US in a prevent defense the last half of the third period.

Attention coaches of all sports: THAT NEVER WORKS!

bunnygal

titz' clitz' bong hitz'
Agreed! Go Canada! :ohcanada:

Although I did hear that people are not too optimistic about the men's team playing against the States. Guess we will see. Regardless, anything US VS Canada should be an exciting/good game at least!
I'm iffy about the men's team considering how they played against Latvia, which they struggled. I will be at work so I can't watch this one, but go Canada.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
USA is about to get the 4th place medal, which is a pile of dog shit on a string.

I bet this will fuel the fire on the talks of NHL players not playing in the Olympics anymore.

Canadian_gal

USA is about to get the 4th place medal, which is a pile of dog shit on a string.

I bet this will fuel the fire on the talks of NHL players not playing in the Olympics anymore.
I was having this talk with my dad and co workers the other day. A good chunk of the best hockey players (but certainly not all...) in the NHL are Canadian. It does seem a bit unfair to the other teams when Team Canada is compromised of mostly NHL players.