• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Suck it Hybrids!

Atl XJ [JU]

Archived
Or perhaps this tells the real picture. :(

That's the real gas mileage I've been getting in my commute the past couple of tanks since I started taking it easy on it and setting the CC at 75 mph. Its not great but about the same as my Jeeps got. It gets slightly better than my 2wd '01 Silverado got so I think the MDS really does help a little bit.

The best gas mileage I've gotten in it was on the one all hwy trip I took in it to Tennessee. I got 21.5 mpg. This is all according to the trip computer, I've never actually calculated it, but it does seem to be pretty accurate by doing the rough math in my head...

HDC [JU]

Archived
It's fun doing that in the WK. (reset EVIC) Lookeee, 75 mpg! (reset) 95mpg! (wait) oh darn, 50 mpg. (wait) now 20.

Virgil [JU]

Archived
It's fun doing that in the WK. (reset EVIC) Lookeee, 75 mpg! (reset) 95mpg! (wait) oh darn, 50 mpg. (wait) now 20.
Even more fun in the old Overland....climb a long hill at WOT and watch the number.

I got <5 MPG once when doing that. :rotflmao:

Atl XJ [JU]

Archived
Prob even less since it averages in that 99 MPG outlier in teh first pic. :D :D
No, that's what it really gets. That's not after resetting it or anything. I've been getting ~400 miles out of a tank. Commuting with 90% hwy driving.

My gas light just came on this morning and I'm at like 409 miles.

Atl XJ [JU]

Archived
Mine has a seperate screen for instant mpg (its the one that shows V8 or V4) and avg mpg. The instant one is pretty wild in its readings but the average one is pretty accurate.