• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Summer projects?

What do you have planned for the summer on your home??

I am finishing the moldings in the dining room, skimcoating and painting my office and building a computer desk.
As well as planning my deck remodel for the fall or spring

Finish the basement is the biggie. It's framed and electrical is run. Now I need to finish the plumbing, HVAC, drywall, floors, and finish work. I'll be hiring contractors to do a lot of it. I actually have a building permit, will need to go through inspections, and need it all to code.

cdnjeepin

Canuckian
VIP
Finish the last little triangle of siding, finishing building 2 wrap around decks, new cabinet doors in the kitchen, new moulding in the kitchen, then start on doing the basement over

Finish the last little triangle of siding, finishing building 2 wrap around decks, new cabinet doors in the kitchen, new moulding in the kitchen, then start on doing the basement over
You resided your house yourself? How big of a house? did you have to rent scaffolding for it? This might be my NEXT summer project once Im done with the front patio

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
My home, nothing. I rent an apartment. :D

Going to replace the tub at my parent's house in the next month or two. Always doing stuff outside there.

twylie

VIP
epoxy basement garage floor, get irrigation well completed, replant lawn this fall once well is in place, trim paint touch up on exterior, reseal decks w/ Cabots, continue weed/vine destruction in woods, remove dead limbs from woods, add pinestraw to beds (hired out), add expanding foam insulation under roof decking (hired out), 2 more pair of outdoor speakers on deck and patio, remove 4 dead trees from driveway shoulder, install car detection on driveway & other misc automation chit...

illbeluckytogetallthisdonein2008

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
My main floor bathrooms... Full bath and the half bath off the master bedroom... I have everything ready to go in the garage but the guy who's supposed to be doing it has been swamped... He comes very highly recommended from my uncle who's a painter and has worked on some projects with this guy before... but it's been 4 months now, maybe longer... if he can't commit to starting soon I'm going to have to find someone else.

cdnjeepin

Canuckian
VIP
You resided your house yourself? How big of a house? did you have to rent scaffolding for it? This might be my NEXT summer project once Im done with the front patio
Yup i did it myself, I stop late last year since I was waiting for the power company to come cover my power lines, took them 4 weeks to come out, then they tell me that they are shielded wires and don't need to be covered...by this time it was to cold out to work...so in a few weeks I will finsh the last little part.

Siding is easy..just very time consuming...lots of measuring and a lot of little trimming and cutting.. I put new windows, house wrap and siding on last year..

I only need scaffolding for the sides of my house, the front and back are not that high, and my bro in law owns a hardware store, so I borrowed his staging.

I will post pics when i get home

Finish basement. I was going to do it over the winter, but I was lazy. Besides, the basement is nice and cool when it's hot as fawk outside.:agree:

I finished my basement a couple of Winters ago, well worth the time and expense.
I did the basement at the last house, but it wasn't quite as big of a job as this one. I've got the wiring done for the receptacles, gas line run for the logs, next up is putting in 16 can lights, then drywall. Should be done in another 3 years at this point.:jump:

scott00tj

The Missing Goonie
VIP
landscaping the yard and hopefully bringing the lawn back from the brink of death. Stupid previous owners.

bignastyGS

I am in the middle of installing chain link fencing around my backyard.Its been slow going as the humidity sucks. I have to work on digging from 7am to 11,then fron 4pm till dark. I have 34 more line posts to dig then its time to hang the fence.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
I'm ~STILL~ cutting, hauling, and burning debris and trimming trees from last December's ice storm... What a mess. It's hard work and I'm a wuss.