• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Sure you want that chicken sandwich at McDs?

will_m [JU]

Archived
They might be VERY fresh.

TEMECULA, California (AP) -- In the end, the elusive chicken that took up residence outside a McDonald's just got too comfortable in its new home.

Some customers had to wait for their food when the chicken blocked the drive-thru.

For four months customers tried unsuccessfully to catch the brown hen using bait or bare hands. Last week, the fast fowl was finally captured after it settled in for the night right on top of the drive-through window box.

A group of employees distracted the bird with bites of hamburger bun and nabbed it.

Restaurant manager Chona Cauley said the chicken's downfall was that it got a little bit too comfortable around the drive-through.

"Normally, the chicken sleeps in the bushes," Cauley said.

The bird won't end up on the menu. It has been sent to live as a pet with other chickens at the home of a restaurant worker.

Since the chicken arrived, customers often found themselves waiting to order their McNuggets while the bird blocked the drive-through lane.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/09/chicken.mcdonalds.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

:jump:

Virgil [JU]

Archived
Every time I hear or see the name of that town, I think of endotracheal intubation. :eek:

Reading that story, I was reminded of this (happened at a McDooDoo's several years ago):

HDC [JU]

Archived
Hey, maybe if they actually reared them on site then the meat in the McNuggets wouldn't be the mystery meat they are now.

HDC [JU]

Archived
Reading that story, I was reminded of this (happened at a McDooDoo's several years ago):
You should see some of the prizes that come in some authentic Chinese dishes. A place I interned at during the .com wacky years catered in full lunch every day and a regular selection was full on, real deal Chinese chicken dishes with fried chicken heads and feet served up in the trays with the entree. Yummay!